1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Kosjob

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Uruk-Hai, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent painting Janne. Perhaps a little too much light for the pics tho. It seems to have washed out the colors some.
  3. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very nice!!!
    chris
  4. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks really nice Janne. I am also afraid that the pictures are overlighted and do not give justice to your nice paintjob

best regards

Costas
  5. Hardy Guest

Masterfull work Janne. Hardy
  6. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Beautiful work Janne.......how about trying a darker backdrop fro the pics? Either or, your stunning work still shows!!

Ray ;)
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work Janne,
    Maybe correct the pictures a bit with PS. They gonna look better and it is worth every minute of work that you spend on this figure.
    It looks great.

Marc
  8. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Thanks for your comment. I dont know why, but I really suck at taking photos.
    I give it a new shot this evening, pardon the pun, and see if I can make them look decent.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  9. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Hi!

Have given this taking photos stuff a new shot. Pardon the pun. Is this an improvement of the quality of the pictures and how can I further improve?

[IMG]

[IMG]

I think I lack depth and sharpness in the pictures but I focus on the figure or an object in front of it with no luck. Also having aperture F13.6 wich is the widest in my camera a Fuji Finepix S5700.

Comparing to other pictures poster here, mine looks really lousy and I dont know what Im doing wrong.

Sooo, please help.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  10. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    that is a very very nice piece!

on the photographs...........

try and use the smallest apature and that will increase the depth of field and more will be in focus, also try and use a program like Photoshop or "the gimp" ( which is free! ) and use an autobalance to correct colour and contrast

hth

Mark
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I'm the last person to give advice on photography but the figure looks really great Janne!!! :)

Roger.
  12. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Thanks for both your comments Mark and Roger!

When I take the photos I use:
    Tripod.
    Lighttent.
    Lights, 500W from above, and 250W from each side. Each with dimmer to set the light right.
    I use a program on the camera that sets the shutter after aperture. And I almost always use the widest on my camera, F13.6.
    I focus on the figur and sometimes on a piece that I hold before it to set the focus. And macro mode.

I use Infraview to enchance my pictures.

Heres the same picture wich have been darkened a bit, more contrast and a little more saturation.

[IMG]

Heres the very the same picture where I have been braver and addet more contrast.

[IMG]

I would very much like my picturs to be more like this.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

All input is of value.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson