1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Korinthian Hoplite Finished -seil Thespian Kit 54mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by dimgall, Feb 14, 2007.

1. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    Hello again i managed to finish this hoplite.The last time i posted it was before i paint the shield i used as an inspiration a painting from a korinthian plate i couldnt make it exactly like that so i changed it a little and here we are.next post the finished hoplite

Attached Files:

2. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    also for finishing touches i used some pastels maybe i overdone it .maybe next time i will do better .thank you for your time ...
    Take care everybody

p.s Special thanks to Kostas (MAJOR GOOSE ) for his neverending guidance and help.

Attached Files:

3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nicely done Dim!

Jay H.
    OKC
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Dim,
    You did a great job on that shield. I really like it.
    What i don't like is the red dot at the front of the figure. It get's almost the whole attention. So, if it is possible make it smaller, that will be more real. I think it must be imagine blood, but believe me, it is overdone.

Furthur i find it a real good painted figure, the metals are spot on.

Marc
  5. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    Jay thank you very much!!!
    Marc thank you for the advice i think you are right.it was my first try with pastels i hope next try will be better .Thank you for the support!!!
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Dim.
  7. Theodoros A Fixture

Greece
    Dimitri! very nice, harmonic and historical accurate chromatic selection !
  8. Brad S Member

Dim - Nice! The metals look really good. The shield painting is fantastic. I really like the weathered purple on him. I agree with Marc as far as the red spot on front. Maybe smaller scattered blood stains would be more effective. But that shield, WOW. I dont think my hand will allow me to do that.

Brad Spelts
  9. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    I like the metals too. How did you do that?

Keith
  10. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Dimitri nice workmy friend. Yourpatience pays off. Every new figure will be better believe me. Nice work on metals and the shield. Bravo
  11. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Congratulations for your work,try to reduce the red effect,
    keep up
    christos
  12. dinovision79 Active Member

Hi!

Just wanna join the others, nice figure, fantastic work, all colors and patterns, (and the blood..), top class!!!

Denes
  13. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    Denes,Kostas,Christos,Guy,Theodoros thank you for kind words!!!
    Brad thank you for the comments the shield is not free hand .i copied the scheme from the plate i made abasic scheme with black and i kept on correcting as i could until it seemed right its not symmetry perfect i hope on next one will have more patience!!!
    Keith thank you for the comments!!!the metals are not the same formula but most of them for the base is the GLORIOUS GOLD of vallejo game color with BURNT UMMBER vallejo .3 part gold 2 part burnt umber.then i add for highlights the gold airbrush vallejo color .for shades i use black
    Again i thank everybody for his comments!!!
  14. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    fabulous job ! Well done
  15. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    thank you for comment vergilius!!!