1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Konstantin M. Simonow

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Martin Antonenko, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Many thanks dear friends - also in the name of Tanja!

We feel a huge outpouring of support for Ukraine and the people from there across the country - with one exception:

All that Tanja still has is what she wore when she fled and which fit into a small sports bag.

A few clothes, some toiletries, all your important documents - and all the cash that was in the house when the first Russian missiles hit.

We bought the essentials yesterday - only there isn't a bank in the whole of Bremen that's willing to exchange their Ukrainian hryvnia for euto.

The money people are apparently speculating that there will soon no longer be a free Ukraine and fear that the Ukrainian currency will soon be nothing but waste paper.

We were in the most exotic exchange offices, where they gladly accept money from all possible and impossible African countries, everything - just not Ukrainian hryvnia.

So the people who have already lost a lot are now also destitute! made.

But of course we're not giving up!
    Blind Pew, dmcHobbes and Airkid like this.
  2. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    The situation this afternoon:

Mariupol can still hold out in the south-east. If this now badly destroyed city falls, the land route between Russian territory and the already stolen Crimea is open to the occupiers!

The advance of Putin's troops on Odessa came to a standstill for the time being after the Ukrainian army recaptured the city of Mykolayev yesterday afternoon. However, some of the occupiers have meanwhile turned northwest - the thrust is aimed at the city of Uman, an important transport hub - and finally at Kyiv, which the attackers have still not been able to completely enclose.

[IMG]

Apparently, the occupiers aim to split Ukraine in two - and encircle the defenders in the east.

In the east are the best and most experienced Ukrainian units...

And here I have something else showing how the Putin dictatorship is dealing with its own soldiers:

I've already said that the Russian officers lied to their people that maneuvers were going on. But the Russian leadership goes much further:

Deployed in the Kharkov area was a company of Russian conscripts whose term of service expired on the second day of the war and who had insisted on being demobilized according to the law and released to go home.

The conscripts were forced to sign "contracts" obliging them to stay with the troops as so-called contract soldiers ("Kontraktniki)" and fight on!

As of yesterday, all but four of these soldiers had died in action.

This news is NOT from Ukrainian sources, then it could be classified as propaganda. It comes from a Russian source, and the woman who published it is risking a lot in the Putin dictatorship: it's Lyudmilla Narusova...

[IMG]

... a politician and member of the Russian Federation Council!

I think with every grain of truth that comes to light, the Russian dictator's feet are slipping more and more!
    Blind Pew, Nap, dmcHobbes and 2 others like this.
  3. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    82. Day, March 5, 2022

While my beloves Tanja is resting, I paint a litte!

The shoulder belt of the backpack was primed and painted. Now it is also ready.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  4. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    83. Day, arch 8, 2022

Last Detail:

The shoulderbelt is repaired with Milliput".

Before...:

[IMG]

Now...:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Blind Pew, KenBoyle, Airkid and 2 others like this.
  5. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Martín

Now the paint is drying nicely the wear and tear on the bag looks even better

Nice repair on the strap my friend

You should be really proud of this work

Happy benchtime

Nap
  6. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    84. Day, March 9, 2022

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. Nap A Fixture

England
    Nice result on the equipment and all the straps he's carrying , the idea of the newspapers is spot on

Thanks for updates

Happy benchtime

Nap
  8. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    85. Day, March 11, 2022

The "invisible side" (underside and pin) is also painted...:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Blind Pew, Nap, KenBoyle and 3 others like this.
  9. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Martín

Looks really good , impressive modelling work on the equipment he carries....definitely a good tribute to all correspondents

Look forward to next update ...possibly the head or maybe the basework

Thanks for sharing update

Nap
  10. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    86. Day, March 12, 2022

So, a little pedestal acrobatics is still pending!

I have prepared and drawn on sheet a shield showing some of the newspapers for which he has written most - and four of Simonow's most important books in miniature :

The novel "Wait for me" (Подожди меня), which was published as a play during the war and later also as a film, as well as his great war trilogy "The Living and the Dead" (Живые и мертвые) about the period between the summer of 1941 and the Battle of Moscow, "One Is Not Born a Soldier" (Ты не родился солдатом) about the Battle of Stalingrad, and "Last Summer" (Последнее лето) about Operation Bagration, which led to the liberation of Ukraine and Belarus ...:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Blind Pew, KenBoyle, Nap and 2 others like this.
  11. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Martín

As usual a great deal of thought going into the base presentation, do like the front part and the books are clever ...look forward to seeing how these are placed

Happy benchtime

Nap
  12. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    All looks very impressive Martin.....watch'n you like a hawk....

Wayne
  13. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    87. Day, March 16, 2022

"Wedding"!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Cheers
  14. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Martín

Nice to see the head in position ,might be my eyes but neck looks long ...not sure if it needs slightly reducing ?

You can certainly see all the fine detailing you've added and painted

Thanks for updates

Nap
  15. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Martin fantastic amount of knowledge that you carry and include into your projects, tweaking them to make them your own, wonderful stuff, I hope that everything works out for your family and they can be safe and reunite someday, I also hope and pray that it finishes soon, I will say no more apart from keep the figure projects coming and lets have peace.
    TERRY
    dmcHobbes, Martin Rohmann and Nap like this.
  16. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    88. Day, March 17, 2022

A little "fine tuning" still!

Neck shortened, head position slightly changed, collar adjusted with "Milliput" - looks much more natural...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Tomorrow the brush will have to go again to the throat and collar.

Cheers
    Nap and dmcHobbes like this.
  17. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    89. Day, March 19, 2022

Throat and collar are newly painted. I'm through with the brushwork!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Cheers
  18. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Martín

Nice to see you've finished with brushes ...looks good and a great SBS ...base next ...always something special on your pieces

Happy Benchtime to you and happiness to all the family and friends

Nap
  19. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    90. Day, March 22, 2022

Finished!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Cheers
  20. Airkid PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Da dah!! Excellent work throughout, and the books just finish it off perfectly.(y)

Phil