1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Knight of the Road (Bike)

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Wings5797, Feb 28, 2015.

1. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Have a great time on the bike. being from the United states we ride when we can .but not as much as we want to . My wife likes what you have going here its great post more when you can . Rob
  2. Wings5797 A Fixture

France

It is heaven Ian
    You would love cycling here.
    This is a photo I took from from my house of the Paris-Nice Tour. This was Brad Wiggins (and you may pick out a Aussie or more) in his build up to winning the Tour de France 2012.
    Life is good.

I have beefed up the cycling helmet it's just drying. Must say you were right it looks a lot better, thanks.
    All the best Mate,
    Keith
    IMG_5522C.jpg
  3. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Cycling here is very good Rob.
    Where we are is a lot of "up and down" cycling but the drivers are very respectful of bike riders.
    I am very humbled that your wife likes this project. It's always good when our better halves take an interest in our pass time.
    I will post some pictures at significant points as I go along.
    Best wishes to you and your good Lady.
    Keith
  4. fanai Well-Known Member

Australia
    Oh you are such a stir Keith - France and Europe in general know how to treat cyclist
    Here in Brisbane they call us Road Cockroaches because we dare to slow down the imperious car drivers
    so after 28 Years of riding - and doing 100km rides in 3 hrs and climbing hills - I now no longer Ride
    I have two Trek bikes Ali frame and Carbon fork (don't like full carbon frame)
    Even made a 1/48 replica but I broke it
    Wings5797 likes this.
  5. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    A great shame that you are no longer riding Mate.
    Average 33km an hour is pretty good going. From my place here 100km in any direction the gradient is 1400m and with my old legs this averages out 23km/hour. These days little and often are my watch words. I to have a Trek Hybrid and a mixture make up for my road bike. both Ali framed.......no carbon though.
    Stay safe Mate,
    Keith
  6. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Keith,
    You can certainly see your enthusiasm and inspiration for this one mate. Looking forward to the progression and how you base it up. Could this be a new little side line for your display cabinet?

If it is, then here's my 2 banana's worth for a future project.:D

cheers
    Richie
    untitled.png
    Wings5797 likes this.
  7. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Hi Richie,
    Good to hear from you Mate.
    Given all of the difficulties sculpting this at all sorts of positions an angles this will be a one off.....at the moment.
    As for mounting it up, I really want to avoid putting it on the wall. This in mind it would be good to put this on an upright plaque and put a 3d version of your poster on the reverse. What do you think?
    You may not know the answer to this but why do women that ride in this way never have a saddle on their bike?:D

Thanks for your comments Mate and I wish you every success with your new venture.

Keith
  8. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Keith,
    It's an interesting piece you are doing and I am intrigued to see how this is mounted up as its a tricky one. Do cyclist receive laurel wreaths for winning???? because the only thing I could think of would be to surround him in a laurel and use the bottom of the laurel to mount to the base!
    cheers
    Richie
    Wings5797 likes this.
  9. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Now that is good idea Mate.
    I will work on something along those lines.
    Much obliged.
    Keith