1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Knight of the Great Siege

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Baguette, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Baguette New Member

Malta
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]Hello Guys

This is my first article in v bench.I was reluctunt to join seeing so many fantastict sculptures.Subject: a knight hospitaler during the great siege of Malta 1565.I sculpt and cast my own figures which I strive to improve watching so many master pieces on this forum and at our club where I meet fellow master modellers Rej and Stephen aka slaj.After all modelling is something to share and enjoy.

David
  2. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    David, I honestly don't see any reason for you to be relunctant to post your work here. In fact, just the opposite. POST MORE OF YOUR WORK!. I really like what you have done. It seems that Ray isn't the only one with the Hospitaler Knights during the seige of Malta. It's great to see more of these popping up (even if it's only from you and Ray). I don't think a lot of people understand the importance of the siege as far as history is concerned. Certianly worth a google search for those of us who don't know a lot about this battle. I didn't know much about it until Ray pointed out a few books to me :( . Regardless, David, I like you work and look forward to seeing more from you.

Jim Patrick
  3. Baguette New Member

Malta
    the armature is soldered copper wire as I prefer something rigid to work on. apart from green stuff I fill in with milliput

[IMG]

David
  4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    BEAUTIFUL SCULPT, David (y) !!! I noticed that the armature had the left arm pointing upwards but the final result had it down. Any reason for that ;) ? Just curious to know,that's all. Looking forward now to the painting stage. Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol: .
  5. Baguette New Member

Malta
    Hi Yes at first I planned him holding a standard but then changed my mind to shield
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Awesome work David. I hope you continue to post your work here. Very inspiring.
  7. Bill Mayo New Member

Beautifully done. Yes, please post more of your work.

I admit that I'm another one who lacks knowledge on the Malta siege.
  8. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Go for it Dave, we're all behind you ;)

We're all proud of our heritage and the important role we as Maltese played in the Great Siege of 1565 alongside the Hospitaller Knights of St.John........it is to be noted that during the seige, there were deflectors on both sides, that is Turks deflecting to the Christian sides and vice versa.......never there was a Maltese who ran to the other side, never :lol:

Keep it rolling mate and we're waiting for more..........

Ray :)
  9. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Dave

A great looking piece, and useful SBS pictures showing the evolution of the piece.

Are you the guy from El Greco Miniatures?

Rob
  10. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi Rob, how are you mate?

He's David Grech of DeGree Miniatures....... his website is www.degreeminiatures.com

Take Care,

Ray ;)
  11. Baguette New Member

Malta
  12. Baguette New Member

Malta
  13. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Great work, Dave!

Looking forward to seeing it painted...And future projects.

Thanks for sharing your work.

Jason
  14. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Sorry, that was me :) ~Gary
  15. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Very nice sculpting, looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  16. Baguette New Member

Malta
  17. Baguette New Member

Malta
    inside of shield

Attached Files: