1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Knight of St. John

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Glen, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Glen Active Member

United-States
    Howdy all,

This is Pegaso's 54mm metal Knight of St. John, circa 1320 or so. Polished helmet, visor, and sword blade; everything else is painted with Andre, Vallejo, and Reaper acrylic paints (I'm really starting to like the Reaper paints).

Questions and comments are welcome.

Cheers,

Glen

Attached Files:

2. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Great paintjob Glen!
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Good work Glen,
    How did you made the nameplate.

Marc
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent painting Glen.
  5. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Glen,
    Nice job on the red.
    Cheers
    John
  6. Glen Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the comments everyone.

Marc, the nameplate is white paper run through a laser printer. I print the name plate and attach it to the base with a solution of water and white glue (Elmers). I use a wash of Vallejo 847 Dark Sand to tint the paper, then a stronger, more opaque DS stippled onto the surface to give it a patchy look. Then I mix the DS with Vallejo 983 Flat Earth and stipple a thin patchy coat over the previous coats, then thinned full strength DE stippled over that. I tend to make the edges a bit darker. If the paintign process makes the nameplate peel off, I just reattach it with more water and white glue. The process takes about two minutes and is designed to look like parchment.

Alternatively, you can buy parchment-looking paper at paper/office supply stores.

Cheers,

Glen
  7. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    very good. I like the nameplate
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Glen,

marc