1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Knight of Bamberg 1370

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by kilsh, May 31, 2022.

1. kilsh Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi

I haven’t posted any finished pieces for ages, due to a house move. I’m fully up and running with a new studio now and have now set my photography kit up to.

I thought I’d post this one first, sculpted by Sergey at Tartar Miniatures, its another great sculpt from him with loads of character. Based on effigies at Bamberg Cathedral in Germany, he wears a very unusual breastplate with retaining chains which could be attached to a weapon and a great helm.

All in acrylic's, Base from Richard at Oakwood and plate from Name it!

Cheers

Neil

B9728E6F-7BCE-4D2F-99B6-4AEEA28E92CE.jpeg

7211A77C-76CF-413A-A1E8-8C16F87F70AA.jpeg 6B2793E7-9DD2-450A-91CE-4F585BAECE57.jpeg

65DEA890-5376-483D-BDAC-126ED6BD325C.jpeg 3C637DE7-56EE-455A-9A11-6281EAF534B4.jpeg
    gazer, Edorta, blaster and 10 others like this.
  2. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Fantastic work Neil! A veteran of many battles. :)

Cheers,
    Ken
    kilsh likes this.
  3. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Beautiful work

Mobo
    kilsh likes this.
  4. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    House move out of the way, new studio, and an excellent bust being first off the conveyor belt, living the dream, well done.
    TERRY
    kilsh and Nap like this.
  5. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Wow, beauty!
    kilsh likes this.
  6. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Top work. One of Serey's best busts, loads of personality and you've done it more than justice.
    Good to see a representation of one of my absolute favourite places in Bavaria....... wonder why ?
    Nine breweries, one for every 8,000 people :D
    Anyway back to the model very measured painting that enhances the sculpt.
    Cheers
    Derek
    kilsh likes this.
  7. santi fernandez Well-Known Member

Spain
    The modeling of this bust allows to give character to the face, good job.
    Santi.
    kilsh likes this.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Neil

Great to see you posting , hope move went okay and you've settled in both to house and studio

Really nice painting on this love the way you've done the armour and the face oozes character , nice work on the shield

Don't do much medieval but this is tempting!

ENTER into the class of your choice in JUNE/JULY FOTM here: :)(y)

Standard
    https://www.planetfigure.com/thread...dard-class-till-midnight-bst-31-07-22.454275/

Intermediate
    https://www.planetfigure.com/thread...iate-class-till-midnight-bst-31-07-22.454276/

Advanced
    https://www.planetfigure.com/thread...nced-class-till-midnight-bst-31-07-22.454280/

There is a Vignette & Diorama competition running here:
    https://www.planetfigure.com/thread...night-31-12-22-voting-from-1-31-01-23.414984/

Thanks for sharing

Always good to see your artwork

Happy benchtime

Nap
  9. kilsh Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks all for your kind comments.

Cheers Ken, I thought you meant I was the ‘veteran of many battles’ when I first read it then I realised that would be true also!

I think this is the closest to living the dream I will get!

Del & Santi, yeah a great sculpt makes life so much easier, Sergey does some great character pieces. I’ve got one of his Landsknecht busts to do next .

Hi Kev, move went well, thanks, I’ve painted quite a few pieces since the move but hadn’t photographed anything till last weekend. I’ll post a few more pieces.

Cheers

Neil
    Nap likes this.