1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Knight Models Hulk

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Andrew Craft, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Andrew Craft Well-Known Member

Australia
    I cracked open another one of Knight Models kits this time it's Hulk. I've only worked on the torso and arms so far, the face is just roughed out but the torso and arms are closed to finished. The green has been a bit of a challenge I haven't painted with green before and it's taken a bit to get used to lightening and darkening but I'm fairly pleased with what I have come up with.
    Any comments are always welcome.
    Thanks,
    Andrew.

Attached Files:

2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice start Andy.

Marc
  3. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Super start Andy - keep us up to speed.:cool:
  4. Joseph Brubaker New Member

United-States
    Great start cant wait to see it completed,thanks for posting...........Joseph
  5. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Andrew, really nice start, these knight models kits are top notch and I cant get enough of them either. I like what you have done so far, the shading on the arms and torso is great. He is quite a bright green but I guess that depends on what version you are aiming for (comic, movie etc). What paint medium are you using? If its acrylics, then you are doing a great job.
    Ben
  6. Andrew Craft Well-Known Member

Australia
    Thanks for the kind words Marc, Rob, Joseph and Ben.
    Ben I'm using acrylics and going for a comic version, the Hulk has been done in almost every shade of green imaginable in the comics over the years so I decided to go for a green that would really stand out, at first I thought it might be too bright but I tried toning it down and it just didn't look right.

Andrew.
  7. Jazz A Fixture

England
    In the early days of Marvel comics the Hulk was also painted in shades of grey because the grey ink was the cheapest to use! I dont think I have ever seen a model of a grey Hulk but I bet it would look good. While I am here your shades of green are really nice. I painted a Hulk once in oils which was a free figure given away with Marvel superhero magazine. Not nearly as good as yours.
  8. Whitney Active Member

United-States
    Very nice start cant wait to see more
  9. Andrew Craft Well-Known Member

Australia
    Thanks for the comments Jazz and Whitney.
    Here is today's update, not much painting time but got to work on the pants, still a little highlighting to do.

Andrew.

Attached Files:

gordy likes this.
  10. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looking great Andrew! (y)
  11. Andrew Craft Well-Known Member

Australia
    Thanks Gordy.
    A little more painting today, some work on the face, legs, shirt and jeans. More highlights and shadows to do on those areas tomorrow.

Attached Files:

Andreas gustafsson and gordy like this.
  12. Andreas gustafsson New Member

Sweden
    Knight Models The Hulk figure is such a hard miniature to get hold of... have tried to get him for years now, do you have pictures of the final result?!