WIP Knight Models Boba Fett Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by SPrimeau, Mar 4, 2012.

1. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    I was extremely excited when I saw that Knight Models was to release a Fett Bust, so I eagerly awaited the time I could get my hands on one.
    [IMG]
    The jetpack was a problem. It came poorly cast, along with that it is not entirely accurate to the movie. So I decided to build my own out of plastic.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    The bust body and helmet needed refinement and accuracy inprovements that can also be seen in the photos. My intention with these pictures is solely to show my WIP. It is not meant to be a negative on Knight Models. I am happy with how he has turned out so far and look at it as an improvement on the original kit. I look forward to painting it!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thats going to be awesome Scott!!

I heard you are coming to the Dallas show, hope this is the case! Maybe we might even get to see this in person shortly.
  3. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Really good work...he looks amazing.
  4. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Nice work, the new jet pack looks great. I recently did the old Kaiyodo 1/6 scale vinyl and rebuilt the jet pack on it as well as it wasn't the same as the movie version. I loved painting my figure and getting it to look the same as ROTJ version, right down to the same scratches, dents etc, I cant wait to see how you handle this one.
    Ben
    gordy likes this.
  5. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Nice work Scott. Awesome jetpack!
    I just bought the complete figure version (abot 60-70mm). Do you have any info about how to paint it?
    Thx,
    Rafa
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent work with your touches Scott (y)
  7. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Beauty work there Scott,this one is gonna be cool!
  8. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    nice restoration work sir. I have always liked this bust and am anxious to see you work on it.
  9. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice !!!!! looking forward to seeing some paint on this one mate
    sam
  10. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the comments Guys!
    Anders, I won't be coming to the Dallas show...really wish I could, but can't make it work.
    Rafael, I have a couple Star Wars books that I am using for references, but I did a google search on him and found plenty of websites pretty much dedicated to Boba Fett... you can pretty much find anything you need on the net as he is a pretty popular character from the movies. Look forward to seeing your version of the full figure!
  11. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent upgrade Sctott.
    Carl.(y)
  12. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Awesome, redoing the jet pack now is going to pay off handsomely later!!

looking forward to this progressing!

Cheers
  13. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Jamie and Carl!
    I appreciate the comments very much. :D
    Scott
  14. Von Luch Active Member

United-States
    Hey Scott! Nice start with great detail. This is my son David's favorite Star Wars character, and now I'm sure he'll be following this closely. Can't wait to see him painted!

Jim Thiewes
  15. redarmy27 Member

United-States
    The amount of conversion work you've done on this thing is amazing. Thanks for bringing it into the shop the other day. Guys, this thing looks great on here, it looks OUTSTANDING in person. You wouldn't believe just how much work went into this thing unless you got to see it in person.

Excellent work, Scott. Be sure to bring him back in as you work on him. Also, feel free to hit me up for photos; I always need an excuse to get my Nikon out. Thanks for the sculpting advice by the way :)

All the best,

Jake