Knight bust in helmet by Fin

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by Peapot, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Peapot Active Member

Scotland
    Hello again, another bust sculpted by my brother and painted by myself, comments welcome.
    Thanks for looking and more on my Blog, Michael.

http://paintedheroes.blogspot.com/
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
  2. Landrotten Highlander Active Member

Not bad, but in my personal opinion the paint feels a bit flat, and I have trouble identifying (in me mind) the different fabrics.
    What I do like is the feeling this guy is a bit tired. have tried this but not succeeded so far.

Slainte,
    L.H.
  3. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Not at all bad. The eyes are particularly well painted and the skin tones really just need a bit of tweaking.
    If you were to hollow out the cheeks by shading up towards the cheekbones from the beardline I think you would have a very good face.
    As to the sculpt, pretty decent just needs a bit more attention to detail for example ensuring a bit more symmetry and sharper edges in the helmet would really raise the level.
    A bit of work needs to be done on the sculpting of chainmail. Using the C section technique always works well.
    Definitely have the makings of a good team (y)
  4. Peapot Active Member

Scotland
    Thanks for comments, as for the flatness I sprayed the model with a new tin of Purity Seal. The last tin I had was perfect, this one has Citadel written on it and tin is a different colour.

I will try again on another finished figure and see result, might need to change varnish.

I do have half a dozen or so of these busts left if you fancy giving it a go? :)

Michael.

http://paintedheroes.blogspot.com/