1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Klingert diving suit 75mm and 54mm by Scientiicmodels

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by gpldsl, Nov 13, 2020.

1. gpldsl Well-Known Member

Italy
    Dear All, It passed some times from my last message, I apologize with all but it is a very hard time...but you must be happy because my crazy brain is continuing to works...

Today I will show you the first diving suit ever done by MAN....it is called Klingert diving suit.
    Figure is based on scientific project and it will be in 54mm with a piece of harbor and in 75mm.
    I am here to reply at your doubts and questions...

Soon on www.scientificmodels.shop

Schermata 2020-11-06 alle 13.23.30.png Klingert-Diving-Suit.jpg Schermata 2020-11-13 alle 16.07.58.png
  2. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Bizarre, but strangely appealing :)

Look forward to seeing them appear on the website - could have a lot of fun painting one up.
    The only tiny thing that looks slightly odd is the left hand which appears to be holding something not there? Easy enough fix though

Great to see something completely different appearing (y)
    Thanks
    Paul
    Oda and gpldsl like this.
  3. gpldsl Well-Known Member

Italy
    on the instruction you will see it has possibilities to keep a rope with a strange 1700 hook....that's why the hand is partially closed...
    Nap and DaddyO like this.
  4. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Take my money now.

- Steve
    Oda, DaddyO and gpldsl like this.
  5. Airkid A Fixture

England
    That is very nice. Interesting, different, and with vignette possibilities, or maybe underwater - now there's a thought....

Phil
    gpldsl likes this.
  6. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    I’ve done Plague Doctor, and Piccard bust..this one looks good..and I noticed the “African ranger” listed..which didn’t have a backstory for I can imagine relates to mercenary, various rather unpleasant subjects..
    Nap and gpldsl like this.
  7. gpldsl Well-Known Member

Italy
    tomorrow I will post also ranger....interesting story behind it....
    Nap likes this.
  8. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Looks something many might find intersting...but that’s before knowing the full context!
    gpldsl likes this.
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

Always good to see you posting especially in these hard times as you say

Well what a concept and a strangely fascinating subject ......excellent details on this based on the illustration , like the axe ..looks almost out of place ...he must have been crazy getting into this ......but like our company ...pioneering

Something very different from Scientific Models and interesting as well

You could as Paul says you coukd have a lot of fun painting this

Always something special and out of the ordinary in your releases

Thanks for sharing

Nap

PS Leonardo d'Vinci inventions or maybe Galleao would be something to look at possibly ?
    gpldsl likes this.
  10. gpldsl Well-Known Member

Italy

YES they are in projects....and some are in progress, unfortunately we are a small company so we can produce one by one following some technical $$ "problems"....until we don't have a large distribution the small numbers doesn't pay big developing projects. Shop and second retailers doesn't buy our products so we are limited to a small amount of customers... We have also in storage super nice futuristic projects really existed that nobody has never developed...but.....depends by market request....right now soldier and Elf seems to be the only market that has a good following of people...so we are limited right now....
    Babelfish likes this.
  11. gpldsl Well-Known Member

Italy
    ok here...the first prototype painted..... seagull is included in kit..;) soon also 54mm has some extraordinary diorama base but still in casting....also base is not invented but was born following some architectural harbor projects. :)

Attached Files:

12. Oda A Fixture

Soooo good!!! This hobby of ours really needs ideas like yours.

Oda.
    Airkid likes this.
  13. gpldsl Well-Known Member

Italy
    It is online...75mm ready to be shipped and 54mm with a particular "Trieste"point tomorrow.... enjoy...;)
  14. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Thats an amazing piece, first thought though, was it looks like something out a of a 1960's episode of Doctor Who, can just see William Hartnell interacting with it :LOL: . Another one for the shopping list
    Babelfish likes this.
  15. gpldsl Well-Known Member

Italy
    thank you we are selling to fast we did in 54mm with diorama and in 75mm solo figure....i hope it will be a must in a strange but real to paint! :)
    Steve Brodie likes this.
  16. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Payday purchase
  17. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I enjoy a bit of Steampunk (the wife & I even have all the gear and in normal times attend a couple of events a year). And even though this is based an actual historical design, it's a figure that really does chime well with that particular fetish (.... errr ..... sorry I mean interest :eek::cool:).

I'm torn though between a (cheaper!) 54mm purchase, or pushing the boat out and opting for the 75mm version which might work with the equally Steampunkish Scale 75 Captain Ahab (even though he's a fictional character). Decisions, decisions!

Nail on head. Or maybe Patrick Troughton.

- Steve