1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Kleber and Bolivar, the strength and the glory. Labayen 54 mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Edorta, May 23, 2011.

1. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Hello Friends from PF. I guess the veterans will remember the military miniatures Ramon Labayen. The brand began work in 1961 and in this year 2011, celebrates its 50 anniversary.
    That is why I´ve decided to offer this small tribute here, to the figures with which I learned to paint.
    I chose to paint these two characters, General Kleber and American liberator Simon Bolivar, both modeled by my friend Ramon in the early 90's.
    Republican general's uniform Kleber is adorned with oak leaves, symbolizing strength. Bolivar's uniform in contrast, is adorned with laurel leaves,
    symbolizing the glory.
    Hope you like.

http://www.mininet.tv/egminiatures.html
    KleberI.jpg KleberII.jpg KleberIII.jpg
    KleberIV.jpg KleberV.jpg KleberHorse.jpg

And this is Simon Bolivar. The figure is based on a portrait painted by Jose Gil de Castro in Lima, 1825.
    BolivarI.jpg BolivarII.jpg BolibarIII.jpg
    BolivarIV.jpg BolivarV.jpg politics_simon-bolivar_lg.jpg
    pmfs, theBaron, housecarl and 5 others like this.
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    A fitting tribute Eduardo (y)

Thanks for posting :)
  3. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I always liked Labayen's figures - full of character and ahead of their time. Plus I love French Napoleonic personalities.

Colin
  4. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    These are excellent Eduardo, well done, very good subject matter too !!:cool:
  5. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Gordy, Collin and Rod, thak you very much for your kind comments.
  6. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Very nicely done, Ed!

I'm with you guys on Labayen's figures, I have several of his SYW Prussian hussars in my stash, awaiting assembly. The detail and even more, the engineering of his kits (eg, how it's broken into its parts) are really well done.

Can you tell me, is Sr. Labayen producing figures? I got my figures through Scholtz' Berliner Zinnfiguren, but haven't found anyone closer to home who carries them.

Prost!
    Brad
  7. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    theBaron likes this.
  8. Simon G New Member

Belgium
    Hello Eduardo,

Really excellent, I'm a fan of the Empire
    They are wonders

Simon