1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Klaus Kinski as Nosferatu

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Michael Tse, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Hi all,

I am gonna take a rough guess an average reader does not visit the Wonderfest in US.

In the world of garage kits, Staffan Linder is a big name and after nearly/over ten years, he showed up again in Wonderfest in 2010, bringing with him a couple of issues that were supposed to be sold out 10 years ago. These were the holy grail for a vampire kit lover. If I didnt try as hard as I did, I wouldnt have them.

This is probably a 1/10 or 1/9 kit, depicting a scene from Nosferatu by Werner Herzog in the 70s, starring Klaus Kinski as the title role.

Staffan's works emerged as far back as 10 years ago to be first class representations of the beloved Nosferatu, and it shows in these pictures, I hope. Here you have someone who skills result in a dead-on likeness of Klaus Kinski, and whose passion for the rat-like Nosferatu bears fruit to this second-to-none representation.

The next post covers Staffan's own interpretation of this monster, and you are in for a surprise. :)

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      198.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      212.4 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      216.4 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      205.4 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      218.3 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      203.7 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      186 KB
      Views:
    • 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      191.2 KB
      Views:
    • 14.jpg
      14.jpg
      File size:
      199.8 KB
      Views:
    • 15.jpg
      15.jpg
      File size:
      194.5 KB
      Views:
    robinh002, flart1943 and Diegoff like this.
  2. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    I think that the portrait of the wonderful Isabelle Adjani will be harder to paint properly than that of Kinski.

Beautiful piece of sculpture, by the way.
  3. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb sculpting and what a great idea for the base. Looking forward to seeing Staffans interpretation.

Cheers Ken
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Michael, were you at Wonderfest this year? Myself and a couple other members here were there. Me for the first time! I had wanted to visit for several years now but I had no excuse not to this year being as close as I am now. One of my budies was eyeballing this particular kit in the vendors area. It is a lovely kit!

Jay H.
  5. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Jay,

I wasnt there. In fact Ive neer been to the states... I envy you, all of you.

I just sit in front of my laptop in London, pulling strings to get kits from all over the world. A guy at Amazing Figure Modeller sold them to me. Apart from being Staffan's creatures, these were actually carried by Norctuna's Productions years ago. So Klaus Kinski is actually a re-issue.

The caster is Forbidden Zone I think, and the quality is pretty amazing for a GK kit.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Extremely great sculptwork.

Marc
  7. valerio de iorio New Member

Italy
    nosferatu...

so i remember that few years ago, a new branch of models producer ( but i do not remember their name), should have reedited this fantastic figures, i get in contact with them and they told me that as soon as the kit shold have been produced, i should have been informed, but i never received news about it.

so, what i want to understand, is if this kit is avaiable again.

by, valerio
  8. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Have to agree with Diego, the portrait of the fabulous Isabelle Adjani is what really counts!

Cheers,
    Jon.
  9. TWOMOONS Active Member

United-States
    Great pieces of work...Kinski is wonderful. Nocturna is special in the Horror genre.
    Which brings to mind: how did Kinski ever produce the beatiful Nastassia with that mug? His wife must be, or have been, exceptional looking.
    She could have looked like dad...
  10. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong

Valerio,

I am sorry to hear that. Basically I signed up to be on the queue in the Nocturna website in early 2008 (basically just emailed them I guess, I forgot how).

Then, a few months back, I received a notification from them that the Max Schreck kit was re-issued finally, and firstly to people like me who have signed up.
    Then I asked him (Morticia) when I should be expecting Kinski kit re-issue, and he said some time in June.

And I simply couldnt wait for the notiification so I just emailed Morticia again and asked if Kinski is here any time now? And he said he has it, earlier than he expected. Bam, there we go.

Let me know if I could be of more help. My guess is from now on it will be much less limited. So you should be able to secure yours.

As for Staffan's own take, another brilliant Nosferatu, I'd like to think it is very special and indeed pretty exclusive. Not that any Planeteer cared to comment on that one though, for some reasons.
  11. mao A Fixture

Italy
    Oh my God!!!!