1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Kit Review - Viking 90mm

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Guy, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    [IMG]

When I recieved the kit today I was impressed by the quality of the box, box art design and overall presentation of a 90mm kit. The feeling continued upon opening the box and pulling the sponge pack divider back to reveal the mail parts of the figure. Not only did you have the box art to guide you in colors, you also were provided a small card with a color guide pronted on the back. The Front was a graphic drawing of a Viking ( also used on Young's Christmas Card ).

[IMG]

The kit comprised of 14 white metal parts to make the complete kit.

[IMG]

The main torso comprised of 5 seperate pieces. Lower legs, torso / chest,
    cape and left arm, head and right arm assembled together to form the main body. The helmet was also seperate with locator lugs and corresponding holes to locate the nose guard, after the face was painted, right over the nose. The chest part fits up and under the cape eliminating any seam.

[IMG]

Back side

[IMG]

]

The remaining parts were the sheild, which was a thinner sheild than many of us are used to. I like the thinner sheild Young provided and also a handle and strap that attaches to the sheild. There is also a knife and sword and scabbard as seperate pieces along with a waist pouch too.

[IMG]

Sheild

[IMG]

Below os a close-up of the head. Very well defined eyes along with facial muscles make this head a joy to paint. The hair is finally detailed as to make the painting easier to look real.. The mold line goes up the side and over the top and down the other side, not interferring with any facial detail.

[IMG]

Overall seam lines were mimimal with no major problems seen for a white metal kit. After seeing Young's first kit I really look forward to his next as I know he will improve with each one.

[IMG]

This kit will be my next Vbench projest and I will post pics after drilling the seperate pieces required for painting and pegging them onto bases and dowels.
  2. johnnyboy New Member

hi guy merry christmas man and thanks i was dying to see this fig out of the box and cant wait to get one looks awesome.def cant wait to see your in progress pics either.again thanks guy take care bro.johnny
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hey Guy,

Merry Christmas, and let us wait no more then one day. ;)

Marc
  4. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Merry Christmas Guy

This looks a brilliant kit, But for some reason I thought that this figure was cast in resin and not metal, for me that makes the figure even better.

Dave
  5. Alan Guest

6. Einion Well-Known Member

If anyone would like to read some notes on the historical accuracy of the kit have a look this thread on MedRom. It's mostly fine but there are a few areas you might like to look at if you want to make the most from it.

Einion