1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Kit Review-Indian with Buffalo

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Guy, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I recieved a few kits from our member Tomas Castano, who has several threads here at the planet about his mini figures. Mini Figs - Minor Art?, He is also an accomplished sculpter for many of the European Manufactures.

Here is the first kit review (Naturally I would do the Indian first)

Manufacturer: Miniaturas S.M.
    Scale: 54mm white metal
    Titel: Indio Wichita
    Sculpted by: Tomas Castano
    Box Art: Mario Ocana Carreno

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The kit portion of the Indian has 7 white metal parts with the rock being cast in 2 seperate pieces to reduce the overall kit weight. Excellent sculpting with beautiful folds and drapery. Normal seam lines which can be reduced with sanding board and x-acto knife.

[IMG]

The Buffalo is cast in 4 pieces including the base and has excellent detail as to the mane and anotomy of the Buffalo.

[IMG]

I really look forward to painting this kit and it has many many possibilities for a Native American scene.
  2. johnnyboy New Member

hi guy hows it going man,i saw this piece in the backround of one of your recent pics and was getting ready to email you about it how can i get one bro, any info would be greatly appreciated.thanks for these in boxes also talk to ya soon johnny
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guy!

Looks like a real nice kit! Any idea of a distributor in the states?
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Not sure yet on US distribution. I sent out some emails and hope to hear back soon.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    He Guy,

I think he is specially made for you. :)
    You are so good with painting Mountain Man's and Native American's that you have to do this one.
    Keep us no longer waiting.

Looking forward to the next step.

Marc
  6. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    hmm seems another one is for the wish list already . Looks really great !!!!!
  7. Tomas Member

Spain
    Hello Planeteers,Greettings for the New Year!,
    I'm here in the "trench",again.
    I dont know if Miniaturas S.M. have distribuitor in the States,but I enclose a E-
    mail of the padtner of the company;Mr.Mario Sanz, are the follow one.

msmmario@wanadoo.es

If anyone are interested in this range of figures,contact him directly.
    Best regards,

Tomas