1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Kit Review - Edain, Beauty of Erie

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Guy, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    “Edain”, The Beauty of Erie
    The Lost Battalion
    Dreamcatcher Line
    80mm resin
    sculptor unknown
    box art painter unknown

[IMG]

When I visited TLB’s website right after Darla posted the Dreamcatcher line to her site, I was intrigued by the 2 figure vignette of Edain. I received the figure today and after opening the kit was utterly shocked……..at the beautiful sculpting and detail to this kit. Quite often the box art does not do the sculptor justice and it was the case here. If you look at the photo on the box, you see none of the detail and folds that has been sculpted into Edain. The black and white Dalmatian dress the artist has painted has hidden all the beautifully sculpted lines of her dress. The maiden that stands behind her has equally excellent folds to her gown and her wrapped braided hair has super fine detail that can really be brought out.

[IMG]

Edain

The seated figure, Edain, is comprised of 5 parts. The main body with 2 arms and 2 legs. Her left finely sculpted fingers hold a mirror, which on the back side has the engraving that would epitomize a silver cased mirror. The hand also has a ring on her ring-finger. Her right arm is supported by casting sprue to eliminate any breakage during shipping and would have to be carefully cut away and allow an almost seamless attachment of her hair to her head with her fingers coming up through the hair supporting the long length as though the Maiden had just brushed it. The hair on Edain is some of the best sculpted hair I have ever seen and is wound around over her left ear in a circular bun. Seam lines are minute with the only ones I see are a small one on the back of her dress and her left leg. All jewelry is finely detailed which would really enhance the end result in painting.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Standing Maiden

The standing Maiden is comprised of 3 parts. The main body slightly leaning forward (which would be a natural pose) and both arms. A seam line runs down her back from the waist belt to the bottom and is on top of the fold, not down inside the fold as we see many figures have. Easy to get to and clean right off. Slight seam lines on both arms are barely seen and easily removed. Her right hands hold a fine toothed comb with its teeth scribed into the comb. All jewelry is finely detailed and pronounced as well as Edain’s. A mold plug is at the bottom of the figure which would easily be sanded down

[IMG]

[IMG]

Accessories

The accessories are comprised of 3 items. A chalice of fruit, apples with stems and leaves as well as lemons and grapes. All easily determined and excellently sculpted. There is a small ornately sculpted chest that sits on 4 short legs and a final finely sculpted bowl with engraving on the side.

[IMG]

Resin Base

The base has a sculpted blanket with locator spots for the figures as well as the accessories.

Overall this kit is one of the best vignettes I have seen in years and was truly a grand surprise since I ordered it solely from the box art picture.
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great figure Guy. I love all the folds and drapery effects. Looks to be a very clean casting.~Gary