1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Kit Review - 250mm Trappeur

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Guy, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    [IMG]

Fonderie Miniatures
    250mm Trappeur
    Resin & metal
    Sculptor unknown
    Box art painter unknown
    Painting guide includes

This kit has got to be one of my all time favorites. Being a Mountain Man of course is the main reason. The bust has fabulous detail of the hair and facial lines. Detail is great too with the bead work at the neck. Easy clean-up with small / short mold lines in an area not jeopardizing any detail. The kit is cast in yellow / cream colored resin

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

My Version painted 3 years ago

[IMG]
  2. quang Active Member

Belgium
    'GASP!'

I don't know how I missed this one!!!

It's DERZOU OUZALA from the Akira Kurosawa's award-winning film (1975) about a Russian 'mountain man' living in the Siberian taiga.

This magnificent bust is a fitting tribute to a beautiful and moving film. (y)
    The painting is not half bad neither. ;) :lol:

Q.

Attached Files:

3. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Guy,

Fabulous job on an outstanding bust. No wonder itis one of your favourites.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    He is really realy nice Guy. Beautifull done, perfekt choice of colours.

Amazing.

marc
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guy, looks great, you did a wonderful job. ;)

Keep up the good the work.

Cheers

Roc. :)
  6. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    Nice work, Guy. Like Quang said, this bust got in under the radar! I recall seeing it on vendors' tables, but I think the way the bust is photographed makes it appear as though the head is too "squashed" looking. Based on your photos of the unpainted bust, it appears just fine.

Or maybe I just inhaled too much Warriors resin dust cleaning up a figure earlier tonight!