1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Kirin- 150mm Celt

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Brad S, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Brad S Member

I've had this on the bench for a year or more. Finally got around to finishing it. It was one of the hardest figures I had ever finished. Of course its not perfect and I could do some more corrections to it, but at some point you have to just go on. I did add some extras such as getting rid of the helmet side shields and sculpting in some hair, tears in the shield and knee, groundwork, new blade on sword. One of the hardest problems was his torso. Even though this is a finely sculpted and casted figure, the torso must have slipped in the mold or something. I had major sanding around the ribcage on both sides.

Anyway, i hope you enjoy. All comments/ critiques, good and bad are welcome.

Brad Spelts
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Brad, you have done a marvelous job on the figure. Great job with the tatoos. They really add a splash of color. (y) (y)

Jim Patrick
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Brad, Nice job on the figure. The tattoos look good.~Gary
  4. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    nice job on the tats, brad. Looks like it turned out very good to me.
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Brad, beautiful work, I like it.

Cheers
    Roc.
  6. Hyades New Member

Great job, Brad! I couldn't tell that you had problems with his torso - he looks perfect to me! Love your flesh tones and the tats are really cool. It's an excellent figure - thanks for sharing!

Nancy
  7. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Excellent work on all the different patterns. The complexity really adds to this figure, Brad. The blue contrast on the flesh is pretty cool.

You work in oils, right?

Keith
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Brad,

Extremely well done. That face, i first thought it was a picture of a reanactor. Great.

Marc
  9. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    Brad how did you do the tartan? lovely straight lines and overall an inspiring project.
  10. seo Active Member

South-Korea
    fantastic work, looks great!!

Ho Seo
  11. EasyOff Member

In my humble opinion, you've brought it to life.

John
  12. Brad S Member

Everyone - Thank you for your replies.

Sharpie - Tartan lines. Very, very slowly. I use acrylic paint so I let each color dry completely (1 day) and I use a flow medium added to the paint so it wont dry to fast, and I can erase paint kind of like oils. Sometimes, if I like what I have at certain points, I will seal with a flat of satin to help protect what is done.

Keith - believe it or not I used acrylics. I use mostly Vallejo, but dont limit myself to just that brand. I also use Andrea, Ceramcoat, Liquitex, Jo Sonja, Polly Scale, Gunze, and some various watercolors.
  13. Cicero New Member

Albania
    Hello Brad,

Your hard work to finish this project was worth every bit of it. You did an extremely fine job on this figure bearing in mind its scale :eek: . Very lifelike face. I also love the colour of the tattoos.

Best regards

Johan ;)
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work Brad. One of my favorite periods.