1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Kirin 1/12 Navy SEAL, Vietnam

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by dinovision79, Jan 14, 2008.

1. dinovision79 Active Member

Hi,
    it's one of my all time favourite kits, with nice detail, some clean-up, fit problems and big casting blocks, it's the only thing I've finished in 3 years or so. I redefined some detail, updated the ammo belts (bullets) with pin-points, the cargo pockets + carved off the small pocket on the left leg, to match the ERDL pants, as they are tiger stripes pattern originally.
    The kit nicely depicts a Vietnam War US Navy SEAL, but it seems that the ammo belts are of 7.62mm and therefore incorrect, the M63 Stoner (in this case M63A Commando with sorthened barrel) used 5.56mm ammo as the M16, less bulky and with smaller casing. Also, right side drum fed version of the weapon didn't exsist, but there is nothing can be done with it (and are minor problems).
    First time I painted with acrylics, except some Model Master metals and dullcote. The base came with the kit and is only temporary, will be replaced by bigger one.
    Special thanks to Didi and Tony of pF for their support and advice :)
    Any comments and critics are welcome!

Denes
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent painting Denes. I like the way he turned out.
  3. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Must have been a hell job.
    Amazing camo
  4. dinovision79 Active Member

Guy, thanks for your comment!
    Vergilius, thanks for your kind words and simpathy :) it does need some patience, specially that it is a big, 150mm figure, happy to have it finished, but I have some more camo coming up...
  5. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    Hello Dénes! :D

Beautiful paintjob, I very very like the camo!
    Congratulations!

Cheers,
    Balázs
  6. eissteban Active Member

France
    hi Denes,
    it's nice to see an old Kirin with a beautiful paint like that.
    Congratulations

Seb.
  7. dinovision79 Active Member

Balazs and Seb, I'm glad you like the figure, I really appreciate your kind words! :)
    Denes
  8. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Denes,

Congratulations on your SEAL mate, it looks very realistic. :cool: The ERDL cam looks great and I like some of the little touches; such as the mud on the bottom of the ammo drum:) , the face camoflague, the lettering on the M18 Smoke Grenade :) and the details on his watch face:) :) . All very well done.

Now that you've done a figure in small scale, why not step up and try something in 1/6th scale:eek: C'mon, you know you want to.....;)

Cheers
  9. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Denes,

Congratulations on your SEAL mate. The ERDL cam looks great and I particularly like some of the little touches; such as the mud on the bottom of the ammo drum, the face camoflague, the lettering on the M18 Smoke Grenade and the hands on his watch face. All very well done.:D :D :D

Now that you've done this figure in small scale, why not step up and try something in 1/6th scale. C,mon, you know you want to;) ;)

Cheers