1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed King James I

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by JGREEN, Sep 1, 2011.

1. YongA01 Active Member

Malaysia
    Hi Jason

Very nice transition both flesh and cloths... the green is beautifully executed... whole piece such a pleasant to view...

Great job
    Allan
  2. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Jason
    Beautiful work as expected. A little background. Although, he was King James I of England (and Ireland) being the son of Mary, Queen of Scots, he was James VI of Scotland prior to assuming the English throne. In effect, he ruled three independent countries simultaneously....quite a trick:)
  3. Glen Active Member

United-States
    Nicely done! I think that's one of the cleanest applications of paint I've ever seen.
  4. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    I hope you realise Carl of the importance of this Scotsman .James V1 of Scotland and then James 1 of England which united the 2 kingdoms to this day meaning theres always been scottish blood in the monarchy.
    Who wants independence ? not i.
    By the way ,it's a cracking bust and a brilliant paint job by Jason.
    Brian
  5. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Mike, Brian, Mike, Piotr, Igor, Brian, David, Dave, Keith, Marc, Gordy, Derek, Carl, Carl, Alan, Scott, Meizi, Tony, Allan, Paul, and Glen:

Thanks, guys, for your kind comments!

Igor - This bust does not include a base.

Carl R. - You're too kind (and too modest!) Thanks for sculpting such a great piece.

Jason
  6. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Souperb ! as always my friend, lovely finish on the garment.
  7. fmargem Active Member

Brazil
    Incredible!
    I think it's the best paint job I have ever seen in my life.
    Excellent sculpture as always.
  8. Michaelminiatures A Fixture

United-States
    Congrats! to Carl for a great sculpt and likeness and Congrats ! to Jason for his masterful painting of the James I bust. Below is the kit sheet for the bust. Thanks to all for your kind comments
    Mike
    www.unitedempireminiatures.com
    www.michaelminiatures.com

KING JAMES I 1567-1625
    KING OF ENGLAND AND IRELAND 1603-1625
    KING OF SCOTLAND (AS JAMES VI) 1567-1625
    James VI & I (19 June 1566 – 27 March 1625) was King of Scots as James VI from 24 July 1567. On 24 March 1603, he also became King of England and Ireland as James I when he inherited the English and Irish crown and thereby united the Crown of the Kingdom of Scotland with the crown of the Kingdoms of England and Ireland (each country remained legally separate, with their own Parliaments, judiciary, and laws, though each was ruled by James). James VI & I continued to reign in all three kingdoms until his death in 1625, but based himself in England (the largest of the three realms) from 1603. At 57 years and 246 days, his reign in Scotland was longer than any of his predecessors.
    He became King of Scots when he was just thirteen months old, succeeding his mother Mary, Queen of Scots, who had been compelled to abdicate in his favor. Four different regents governed during his minority, which ended officially in 1578, though he did not gain full control of his government until 1581. In 1603, he succeeded the last Tudor monarch of England and Ireland, Elizabeth I, who died without issue. He then ruled England, Scotland, and Ireland for 22 years, often using the title King of Great Britain, until his death at the age of 58. James, in line with other monarchs of England of the time, also claimed the title King of France, although he did not actually rule France.
    James was the only son of Mary, Queen of Scots, and her second husband, Henry Stuart, Lord Darnley. Both Mary and Darnley were great-grandchildren of Henry VII of England through Margaret Tudor, the older sister of Henry VIII.
    Among Jame’s more widely known accomplishments was the King James Bible, still in wide use today. The Authorized Version, commonly known as the King James Version, the King James Bible or simply the KJV, is an English translation by the Church of England of the Christian Bible begun in 1604 and completed in 1611. In January 1604, King James I of England convened the Hampton Court Conference where a new English version was conceived in response to the perceived problems of the earlier translations as detected by the Puritans, a faction within the Church of England. James gave the translators instructions intended to guarantee that the new version would conform to the ecclesiology and reflect the episcopal structure of the Church of England and its beliefs about an ordained clergy. The translation was by 47 scholars, all of whom were members of the Church of England. In common with most other translations of the period, the New Testament was translated from Greek, the Old Testament was translated from Hebrew text, while the Apocrypha were translated from the Greek and Latin.
    The 1/10 scale bust is loosely based on the painting of King James I by John de Critz 1606.
    This figure was sculpted by Carl Reid. The box art painted by Jason Green
    Parts: Torso, head, right arm, left arm, hat
  9. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb painting and sculpting from Jason and Carl :eek:
    Congratulations.

Cheers Ken
  10. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Great in every aspect...........I'm impressed
  11. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States