1. Submissions for the next Figure of the Month/Vignettes & Diorama (FOTM) are now open. Visit the FOTM forum to enter a model or see entries and vote! FOTM Forum
  2. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Kharkov tripod carrier Life Miniatures

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by John van Pelt, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Fantastic piece John, & the 2-tone base sets it off nicely.
  2. Jeff T Well-Known Member

Australia
    Superb work John!

That is really coming together now, beautifully done.

Cheer's,
    Jeff.
  3. John van Pelt Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    Nap,

i hope you can work with only the names of my colours. Alle vallejo.
    Primer is brown sand.
    medium face tone is done with a mix of basic skin, beige red and a spec of deep red.
    Dark face tone is done with armour brown and more deep red adding to the medium tone.
    light face tone is done with sunny skin tone and light flesh adding to the medium tone.
    mix these 3 colours in the sambal pots you see in my pic and dillute them 40%.

glazes for highligts with light flesh and ochre yellow mostly in the middle of the face.
    darker glazes i use more armour brown, deep red, english uniform and sometimes purple tones.The glazes are alway ultrathin. English uniform is good for the beard grow and nose and lower cheeck area.
    i never use pure black or white anymore it kills the colours.
    these colours are the minimum i use. If the figure is for example an old viking ore knight you need different colour tones. With the glazes you come a long way, the basis colours work almost everytime. I post an example this figure is a figure with little reddish colour in the face because i think it fits a tank commander in his black suit always in his tank.

Attached Files:

Airkid likes this.
  4. Steve Ski A Fixture

United-States
    Wow, what a wrap-up John, and that rifle stock, incredible work!