1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Kharkov dio in progress

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by jjgurk, Jan 13, 2009.

1. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Just some quick pics of my latest effort. One of these days I'll manage to take some clear photos. I still have a long ways to go, but these are some initial test shots so I can get a feel for how the whole scene will set up. The figures are from TANK with some replacement heads, and other scratchbuilt bits. The Pz4 is from DRAGON, the last pic in the sequence is to give an idea of some of the weathering involved. The 10 inch diameter walnut base was custom made for me. As always thoughts and comments welcome.

Cheers, John

Attached Files:

2. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    Looks great John. I have always wanted to give those Tank figures a "try". I like the circular base also, gives the scene a different feel than a traditional square base. Good job!
    Scott Primeau
  3. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    Amazing job as usual John - I too really like your use of the round base, as well as the piles of junk - lots o' drama there. Where do you source your bases from? Do they do smaller ones for single figs?

Keep us posted on the progress!

Cheers,

Brian
  4. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello

Great dio you have done, looks real.
    Keep us updated, and try to take some B&W pictures next time.;)

Regards from Portugal
    Pedro
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Very nice John,

Will you have crew figures for the tank too??
  6. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    looks good
    do post some close ups
  7. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    One of the best dios I've seen in a while
  8. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I agree with Mathew this is one of the best ive seen for some time,glad to see you changed the direction of the gun barrel so its not over the heads of the troops now,much better.

Steve
  9. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. Still a long ways to go, but I am getting there. I have the tank commander for the pz4, but he hasn't been primed yet.

John
  10. jjgurk Member

United-States
    My photography skills (or lack thereof) notwithstanding,for all intents and purposes the dio is now done. I told myself to shelve it for a bit and start something else. Comments and/or suggestions always welcome.
    John
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  11. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    that is really lovely.... i admire your staying power on a piece as complex as that

:)

Mark
  12. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi

Absoluting fantastic:eek:

Regards from Portugal
    Pedro
  13. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    John,
    looks cold, uncomfortable, and miserable.

Excellent!

And even a dunny!

Looks like a grim little snapshot of a grim action. A moment of a story, good to see.

Cheers
  14. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Over the past weekend a good friend of mine took some high quality pics of this, which will be titled "Up Against The Barricades' and my 'Victors and Vanquished' dio for future publication. Here's one of them.
    John

[IMG]
  15. dinovision79 Active Member

Excellent painting John! Do you have more pics please?

Thanks
    Denes