1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Kato Kiyomasa Samurai general.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Roc, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Kato Kiyomasa was a renowned warrior in the service of the dictator Toyotomi Hideyoshi, and led one division of the Japanese army that invaded Korea in 1592.

This is one of the most beautifully sculpted and cast figure that I've ever seen, sculpted by the talented hands of Mr. Ray Lamb.
    Poste Militaire's production of this kit has set the bar for all other manufacturers,
    This kit has transcended time and still remains a symbol of charm and excellence.
    I would like to thank my dear friend Richard Dibenedetto for giving me this beautiful kit that he had in his gray army for over 15 years or more, with out his generosity this step by step with not be possible.
    I will start the step by step with the assembly and painting of the horse, please be patient this is my first Samurai.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Cheers
    Roc :)
  2. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    After some long time of hunting ,and some misfortunes on ebay , recently i managed toget hold of this kit also . i ll watch you step by step as this is pretty helpful to me Roc. GOOOOOOOODDD LUUCKKKKKKK
  3. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks interesting,keep us posted Rocco!
    christos
  4. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Rocco

Your CD went off to you today mate...

Dave
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Rocco,

I 'm always impressed if somebody going to paint a samurai. Now that he is sitting on a horse, and a general to i 'am alot more impressed. No, it give me the creeps when i read this.
    There are so much details and little patterns on such a figure....
    What i have seen from you is also impressive, so i think that you gonna bring it to an absolutely stunning painted figure.
    Keep us informed when you go further in the process.
    I wish a really happy painting on this one (y) (y) (y)

Marc
  6. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Costas, we are both lucky to have this kit, a real beauty and a challenge.

Good luck with your Samurai, I know you will do a great job ;) .

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  7. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Christos, thanks for looking, I'll keep you posted.

Cheers
  8. Roc Active Member

United-States
    David, my dear friend, thank you so much for the CD and all your help, as you know I greatly appreciate it.

I'll let you know when I get the CD.

Cheers
  9. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Mark, my friend, thank you, I will try to do my best and thanks for following the step by step.

Cheers
  10. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Roc
    Good luck with this figure I did one myself a couple of years ago and it is a tricky thing to paint but very satisfying when completed. Take your time with it and you will have a figure to be proud of
    Looking forward to the sbs
    Cheers
    John
  11. marcellin de marbot New Member

Italy
    Ciao Rocco,
    Buon divertimento, enjoy with him ;)
    Cheers
    Marcello

here an image of your samurai Kato Kiyomasa, intepreted by a jap painter, with their old style drawing

[IMG]
  12. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Thank you John, I sure do appreciate the encouragement and would live to see your version of this figure. ;)

As far as taking my time, that is one thijng I intend do, at least onr month.

Cheers
    Roc :)
  13. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Ciao Marcello, painting this figure will be a labor of love and quite enjoyable.

that is an interesting picture, unusual but very nice, thanks for posting.

ciao
  14. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Roc
    I have just posted my version for you to have a look at
    Good luck with yours
    Cheers
    John
  15. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    good luck Roc with that beatiful figure i assume is gonna take a lot of time but it will be a great pleasure to see it finished someday take care
  16. Roc Active Member

United-States
    John, I just checked out your version, looks very nice and thank you for posting .

Cheers
    Roc.
  17. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Dim Gall, thanks for ckecking out my step by step.

Due to other committments, I can't drag this project out too long.
    I will try to cmplete it within a month, if all goes well.

Cheers