1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Karl XII of Sweden

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by garyjd, Oct 26, 2004.

1. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Outstanding Gary!

-jim cox
  2. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    (y) (y) Gary !!
    Kenneth :)
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, Jim, and Kenneth, Thank you very much.~Gary
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Gary,

What else can i say. It's gonna be a masterpiece.

Marc
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Marc & Ho, Thank you.~Gary
  6. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here the upper right sleeve and side of the coat have been worked in.

Attached Files:

7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here is a close up of the area being worked on. Two things about Aves, it picks up everything no matter how much I wash my hands. The other is that when polishing you start to notice pitting here and there (I do anyways). Just a little something to keep in mind.

Attached Files:

8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Another close up.

Attached Files:

9. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent Work Gary!!

It is weird that you get small "air bubbles" in your putty when you polish it, I have never experienced, nor heard about that problem before.

Keep up the superb work!
  10. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Gary, you are a genius! Excellent work man. Seriously. Great stuff.

Would you ever consider doing something I could paint for you? You could keep it, but I'd love to do it. I did your Lafayette for Fort Du... can't spell it know, but I enjoyed it!
  11. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Anders, Thanks man. I think what happens is as I spread it on the putty breaks up a bit and I wet my finger and run it over the putty. This makes it smooth on the surface but I'm leaving what amount to air pockets further down. These are only exposed on areas where I do a lot of sanding or carving.

Lou, Genius? Wow! Far from it but thanks. I really try to apply myself and incorporate things I've learned from the last piece more and more each time I sculpt something. The Lafayette bust was one I was satisfied with at the time. As for the other thing I'll PM you later. Thanks again.~Gary
  12. Automata Member

United-States
    Gary,

What do you use to fill in the pits? Or do you just leave them?

Thanks for the great SBS,
    Barry
  13. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Barry, Thanks. I will go back in and fill them. This is the first putty I've ever had this problem. It's no big deal, I've experienced larger headaches than this when sculpting.~Gary
  14. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    This is one of the best sculpting work I ever see :eek: the liknes is stunning and the simetry of this bust is very exact, Great work.... (y)
    ER
  15. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Exceptional Work Gary........sure hope it goes commercial
  16. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ernest & Guy, Thank you very much.~Gary
  17. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Before making the left side of the coat I had to make the decorative buttonholes for the waistcoat. I cut twisted brass wire into 1/4" lengths and then flattened them with pliers. These were attached with a bit superglue gel and sealed all the way around with regular super glue. The residue left around the buttonhole was then removed by polishing with fine steel wool.

Attached Files:

18. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    After doing this I then took a sheet of A&B and glued it in place. Aves putty was then added on top with a few folds being worked in which will be refined once it cures. The inside of the coat opening was also back-filled with Aves. I also have the upper left portion of the sleeve completed, save a bit more work on the folds.

Attached Files:

19. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Profile of the left side showing another view of the left sleeve.

Attached Files:

20. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    The bust at this stage.

Attached Files: