1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Karl XII of Sweden

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by garyjd, Oct 26, 2004.

1. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Another photo showing the additional hair added to Karl's noggin.

Attached Files:

2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Gary,
    No Comments, just speachless.

You asked some time ago what happens with muscles when man died.
    Well. After some time they dried out and starting to schrink. This is happens when there is no food for the muscles, also they didn't worked they have a atrophia. So that is the fact.
    Just like dead meat ( i believe in parts of the USA they let meat dry and eat it). Whell that's what a mentioned.

Marc
  3. Patrick Kirk New Member

Nice work Gary...can't wait to see more...will this be a commercial bust?

Hope all is well

Patrick
  4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Looking GOOD,Gary,looking GOOD (y) (y) !! Cheers.
    Kenneth ;)
  5. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Sweeet Gary!

-jim cox
  6. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hello Gary....absolutely stunning sculpting..can't wait to see the next steps...it's looking wonderful.

All the best

Roy.
  7. fsdesimone Member

Nice Gary! I meant to ask earlier - what are you smoothing the SS with?
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Franceseca, Thanks. Basically after baking I go over mainly the areas with tool marks or rough texture with fine steel wool and sometimes fine sandpaper.~Gary
  9. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    Gary you are making an impeccable work!!! congrats my friend.

Alex.
  10. fsdesimone Member

That's all? You're not using a solvent of any kind prior to baking? Wow.
  11. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Francesca, Years ago I would use Grumtine or one of the other solvents for oil paint to smooth out my sculpey. You had to be very careful because a build-up of liquid would turn the sculpey to mush. I try to leave as few marks as possible and follow up with the steel wool. Scotchbrite works too, but it also can leave marks if you're too heavy handed with it.~Gary
  12. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Alex, Thank you very much.~Gary
  13. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Gary - that's about the cleanest sculpey piece I've ever seen....and about the best too in terms of character and realistic visage. He looks like a real guy and he could be a lifesized sculpture from the photos....a definite raise of the bar by you.... Hat's off, Colin
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I have to agree with Colin. You have raised the bar (again) and outdid what I thought before, was your best. I may not post after every photo you post......but believe me, I follow your threads with relish each day and have learned so much. Now I just need to open the new box of Super Sculpey that SAnta brought and knead away.
  15. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Colin, Wow! Thanks, that has to be about the highest compliment once could hope to recieve. I always try, although it does not work out that way, to do the best I possibly can.

Guy, Thanks. No problem on not commenting after every picture post, there really is no need. I'm satisfied just seeing that folks took the time to even look, let alone post a reply. This site continues to help me develope as sculptor, and I enjoy making what is a small contribution to the BEST miniature site on the net. One more thing Guy, break out that box of sculpey and get busy. :) ~Gary
  16. Randy Myers Member

United-States
    Beautiful work Gary! I'm amazed at how smooth and well formed the features are.
  17. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Randy, Thanks for the kind words.~Gary
  18. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here is most of the other half of the waistcoat roughed in. I have to add the rest and clean it up befor moving on to the coat.

Attached Files:

19. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    the waistcoat.

Attached Files:

20. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Gary, that's an absolutely beautiful piece.