1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Karl Von Beffart Teutonic Knight 90 Mm Pegaso

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by megroot, Feb 24, 2013.

1. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Finished this giant from Pegaso a few minutes ago. After a long time working on the heraldic and painting and doing it all over again I find him finished.
    He is allready going sidewards two time's. The leg is broken off two times just above the pinning in the frontleg. Anybody got ideas to fix this for good. I'm just repairing it with putty.

Anyway: It is a heavy piece (around 1800 gram) and it is the 90 mm mounted knight from Pegaso.
    The Heraldic is painting as the box art and is representing Karl from Beffart, native of Trier and whas a GrandMaster of the Teutonic Order
    The Teutonic Order allowed his members to display the sign of the Order on their quartered coat of arms. The sign of the Order was the ancient black cross on a white field as reference to the first crusade. Karl von Beffart's coat of arms was a red field with a gold crescent, quartered as was the custom of his Order.

As always the figure is painted with oils at a underlayer of acrylic paint. Metals are done with printers ink mixed with oilpaint.
    Any comment is apreciated.

For know I'm no longer in the possibility to paint figures. I'm moving from a renthome to a own house. So untill my new shack is finished I'm not able to paint anything.
    Hopefully within a month I'm back on the brushes.

Marc Karl von Beffart 001 (Medium).jpg Karl von Beffart 002 (Medium).jpg Karl von Beffart 003 (Medium).jpg Karl von Beffart 004 (Medium).jpg Karl von Beffart 005 (Medium).jpg
    DEL, oldtrousers, KenBoyle and 18 others like this.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Karl von Beffart 006 (Medium).jpg and now I see I forget to glue on the shield.

Marc
    oldtrousers, KenBoyle, Steve and 4 others like this.
  3. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Despite the shield is MIA the figure is very beautifull! No doubt it's a great endeavour to put together... but it seems you did it nicely.
    Congrats for the result ;)
    After this a vacation from the brushes seems earned ahahah

Regards
    Pedro
  4. Ferris A Fixture

Nice work Marc! I like how you did the white cloak and of course the heraldry.

Good luck on the move. I'm in the middle of one myself and haven't been able to paint for about 2 months now....crap.

Adrian
  5. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  6. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Great piece Marc,
    Very nice bushwork Mate.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  7. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice work on the Heraldry Marc and sorry to hear about the figure (already) leaning over. These big metal mounted 90mm's look spectacular when finished but they can be a challenge, even with pinning, to keep upright. Having had a 'Poste Militaire' 90mm Mounted French Dragoon take a 'nosedive' in the display cabinet with a collapsed leg just a couple of weeks ago....I feel your pain mate!

Great figure and job overall.
    Gary
  8. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Nice work, Mark! Whites and Reds are outstanding! (y)
    Cheers,
    Zeno
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Impressive work Marc. A good one to finish before your enforced break. Hope you get back to painting soon.

Roger.
  10. Helm A Fixture

England
    Very nice indeed Marc, I've not seen the figure so can't advise re pinning other than suggesting using a high quality steel pin for strength stainless steel if at all possible. This is something Pegaso should have done in the casting stage IMO but if you carefully drill the leg as deep as you can possibly go and then insert a pin it may do the job if nothing else you can use a similar sized drill for the actual pin as these are usually a good quality steel

Steve
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Guys,
    Apreciate the postitive feedback very much.

Marc
  12. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    nice job Marc, i like how you painted the white
  13. Tarracus A Fixture

Great work on this very difficult figure. And forget about the china tableware but take extreme care of your minis collection when the moving!:D (y)
  14. yoshi Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    hoi Marc. not my cup of tea. I think it a great challenge. The cloak could use more attention as far I can judge it.
    maybe let it be a while at ease and look at it again after a few months.
    cheers Marc
  15. maco61 A Fixture

Italy
    Great paintwork Marc.
    I like it.
    Ciao by Maco
  16. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    thanks again to all who comment.

Marc
  17. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Marc,
    Really well painted and excellent heraldry.
    Good luck on the move and welcome to home ownership.
    Re: the leg. Is it possible to grove the leg on the side that is the back of the piece and glue in a steel rod in the ditch made? Make the groove using a dremel type tool. Make a jig to hold the horse from moving while you do the repairs. That would anchor both pieces. I am sorry this happened after the finish.
    Cheers
    John
  18. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looks superb Marc.
    Carl.(y)
  19. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Well done Marc!
  20. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Why do they not just cast some of the kit in resin, then it would not weigh so much and would not bend? I would like to paint the Pegaso Timurid heavy Cavalry kit ,but it would be ridiculously heavy.