1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Kaiser Wilhelm II

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Miguel Jimenez-Bravo, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Here we present the new images of the figure "Kaiser Wilhelm II" after remodeling:

kaiser1 bueno.jpg kaiser2 bueno.jpg

Previously on the pictures we published of the Kaiser on horse, the appearance of the Kaiser's
    left arm could be misinterpreted as not matching historic facts:

kaiser1.jpg

Therefore, as rigour is one of the brand trademarks for El Taller-Hobbyart, we have decided to remodel the left arm in the figure to reproduce it both accurately and as detailed as it appears in photographs showing the Kaiser on horse, in which the shortening and paralysis (from birth) of the left arm is visible.

Therefore, we have matched the position of the Kaiser's left arm with the position
    in which he appears holding the reins in these photographs dating back to the turn
    of the century, as it can be observed in our new pictures on top.

513681433.jpg
    tumblr_mwmawfTXyI1qcfftgo1_540.jpg
    Mike S., Andrew Belsey, Jaybo and 8 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Liking this even more now

It's great that companies listen to comments as well

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  3. Huw63 A Fixture

A brave correction. Well done.

Cheers

Huw
    Andrew Belsey and Nap like this.
  4. Thank you very much Nap, for your comment.
    Nap likes this.
  5. Oda A Fixture

Miguel is probably the only figure company owner I have ever heard of going back to the drawing board in order to make adjustments to an already released figure.This IMHO speaks volumes of this man's commitment to historical accuracy and to our hobby.I love all of El Taller's releases as they are some of the best researched historical figures out there right now.Miguel my friend I take my hat off to you.You are one of the last gallant knights of the figure world.

Oda.
    DeanM, Nap and Reptor like this.
  6. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Much better - but still not quite right!

In the photo you show, his left hand hangs not free - but is suspendet by an extra bracket in front of the saddle!

[IMG]

Cheers
  7. Oda,

I always thank you for your words.
    Oda likes this.
  8. Oda A Fixture

Keep those beauties coming Miguel!

Oda.
  9. Thanks Oda,
    You already know that apart from King Konstantino, there are prepared novelties from El Taller that will surely be of your interest.
    Oda likes this.
  10. Oda A Fixture

I know and I am eagerly waiting.Coming from you I know they are going to be historically accurate and fascinating.

Oda.
  11. Paul Walker Member

We must recognize the effort that El Taller has made to correct all the little details about this figure. There is so much to celebrate about El Taller, its figures and its historical rigour that I find it a shame when people only focus on what is wrong with the figures.
    Oda likes this.
  12. Oda A Fixture

Agree 100%

Oda.