1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP K.U.K. Kriegsmarine scale 1/10

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by offo, Sep 17, 2015.

1. offo A Fixture

Hi friends, I present you this bust which has the huge meaning for me personally.
    My grandfather served in the Great War in the Austro-Hungarian Navy in the port of Pula. My whole life, there is a picture of him posing in the navy uniform on the photo in my parents house. This complet Navy uniform is kept as a reminder of our ancestor.
    I have been waiting for a long to have an opportunity to do something that is so close to hearth.
    Jiří Novák wrote the foreword in the book The Battle of the Adriatic. And every time I read it I cry. Therefore, I attach it here in the Czech language.
    I hope that after translator will keep it as touching as the original.

I hope that you will enjoy this bust. You can make as a seaman of any KUK ship.
    I enclose a photo of the ship, where he served S: M: S GAMMA and also a medal which he received for his services. It is the Truppen Karl Kreutz / attached photo /

Jiří Novák , Bitva o Jadran
    pŕedmluva...

Na lidskou paměť se nelze příliš spoléhat. Příval informací a údálostí často spúsobí, že dnes ani nevzdechnem po tom co nám ješte před pár týdny připadalo zvrchovaně dúležité- natož abychom si snadno vybavili příběhy, vyslechnuté kdysi nad starým rodinným albem. Někomu však přece utkvěl alespoň skřípek vzpomínky na zažloutlou fotografii, na níž kníratý pradědeček v námořníské uniformě pózuje u velkého kanónu na jakési lodi - žádná další památka na časy před necelým stoletím obvykle nezbyla......
    Není to zrovna Váš případ ?

Palo offo

Attached Files:

2. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    Very nice work! Will it be available commercially?
    offo likes this.
  3. offo A Fixture

Yes of course, but you have to wait for this information.
    DUTCH ALLEN and akaryu like this.
  4. tomifune A Fixture

United-States
    Very nice tribute for a loved family member.

Bob
    offo likes this.
  5. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great sculpt and background information Palo.
    Gordon
    offo likes this.
  6. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Well done, Pavol!

I add a Picture of the badge on the cap - with a crown and the monogram of Emperor Franz-Josef I.

[IMG]

Cheers
    Perseas and offo like this.
  7. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    offo likes this.
  8. Dennis Active Member

England
    A great job Palo, and a great tribute.
    Dennis
    offo likes this.
  9. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Very nice Palo. I did a tribute piece of my great uncle some time back. He was also in the Great War, in the British Grenadier Guards. Making a tribute was very satisfying and I am sure it was for you too. Well done.
    offo likes this.
  10. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Beautiful sculpting Palo (y).
    offo likes this.
  11. Huw63 A Fixture

Lovely work. Well done.

Cheers

Huw
    offo likes this.
  12. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Superb sculpting! Wonderful tribute piece!

Hope you don't mind, Palo, but the yellow brown cast in the photos in my opinion obscures some of the sculpting detail. I've used Photoshop to change one image to black and white.

All the best,
    Dan

Attached Files:

• 15.jpg
      15.jpg
      File size:
      172.2 KB
      Views:
    Perseas, Michaelminiatures and offo like this.
  13. alamac Well-Known Member

Australia
    beautifully done Palo great tribute
    cheers
    Al
    offo likes this.
  14. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    That is a really great sculpt of a very interesting subject, thank you for posting the background info Palo. As others have said a very fitting tribute to your Grandfather.
    offo likes this.
  15. Perseas Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hello Palo,
    Another excellent work from you with a personal background this time.
    I am sure your grandfather's bust and memory will travel in so many houses and this is the best way
    of keeping someone alive!
    Congratulations!!!
    offo likes this.
  16. offo A Fixture

Thank you my friends.