1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Just wondering......thoughts or ideas on my reviews

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by MrBMB, Apr 28, 2021.

1. MrBMB A Fixture

Hi People
    Some of you might know that now and then I review figure kits and I have been doing so for some time. I lately have just been wondering for those that have seen some of my reviews.......................what might enhance/improve them. I am not going to sit there painting a full figure and spend hours of my time as my channel is more about reviews or showing what you get, if you like to put it that way.

Anyway I am just looking for some feedback as to what you might think would improve them for your enjoyment.

If you're wondering why I do them its just because I love the hobby and enjoy looking at figure kits and other models myself. As a young lad I always dreamed/wished there was a modelling channel on the (old ) TV and could enjoy modelling talk with others. The other reason.......a little sad is that I lost my brother to cancer and I use to spend a lot of time with him and talking to him about models and art.........for some strange reason doing these videos makes me feel like he is still around :)

Anyway if you a have some positive advice I would like to here it.......
  2. Airkid A Fixture

England
    Hi there
    I've not been on PF very long, but I have enjoyed the reviews you have posted. They are informative and done from a modeller's aspect, which is good. Coincidentally, I too lost my youngest brother to cancer a few years ago, and we used to enjoy the hobby (I introduced him to it and he got ahead of me!). He was a sculptor and pretty good painter, and a source of enthusiasm to me. I am painting one of his Pegaso sculpts at this moment. As I paint it I am reminded of him.
    The fact that you take the time to post reviews is excellent - all I can add is that they work for me(y)

Phil
  3. FlaBtl (Sfl) 606 Active Member

Germany
    What would be a good addition would be a comparison in high with other figures in the same scale.
    On all other points your videos are good.
    MrBMB likes this.
  4. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    I too enjoy your reviews, of the older out of production kits.. but sorry I cannot suggest any improvements.. Keep them coming...(y)
    MrBMB likes this.
  5. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent reviews......It's all about subject matter for me....If I don't like the subject....I don't look, simple as that......
    MrBMB likes this.
  6. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    I also enjoy your reviews. They are fine the way they are. No improvements needed in my opinion.
    -Gerald
    MrBMB likes this.
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Mr BMB

I know only too well how long reviews take no matter what format

It's great to have a video being done , they are always well presented and easy to watch

Might be a idea to add a painted version if possible

Happy reviewing

Nap
    MrBMB likes this.
  8. MrBMB A Fixture

Thankyou to those who replied :)
    Yes I will try and do some side by side comparisons
    Will do some more height comparisons that is a good one :)
    I do have some more older figure reviews coming :)
    Nap I will have some paint ups coming...................of Tanks and Sci-Fi LOL
    Airkid and Nap like this.
  9. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I always enjoy them. It's nice to see a fellow modeller's opinion on stuff.
    MrBMB likes this.