1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Just got back from Euromilitaire!

Discussion in 'Miniature Clubs' started by darkeye, Sep 20, 2008.

1. darkeye Member

United-Kingdom
    it was a nice day looking at the fantastic models on display - the standard was awesome! but there seemed to be less entries and generally less people in attendance; my bench mark being that i was able to peruse the cabinets and Pegaso stand largely unhindered.
    the club displays were lovely with superb models on display; my favorite was an ABC WAR Robot on a war-torn base, i noticed the absence 0f folks on the demo tables but there was an amazing display of Flat painting - i was so impressed by the depth of colours and shadows. hards to belive they were flat.
    we had a photo for the Planeteers, Qaung took it but turn out was not as high as imagined. i shall definately be going next year and may even try an entry!
    it was great to speak to all i met; special thanks to Blabsy, Rob Hendon and Quang who i spoke to on his stand about the merits of sculpting in wax; think i peaked his interest!! :)

best regards every-one ----- tim :)
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    How about some pics Tim!!!!
  3. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Tim,
    You guys must have dispersed pretty quickly in the basement bar, I got there a couple of minutes after 1pm and found only Blabsy! Where did everyone go?
    If the entrance fee and parking were cheaper I'd probably drive down for tomorrow as well, but it's expensive for what it is, and there didn't seem to be any 'show deals' either. When I see the prices of some of the figures I remember why I sculpt my own!
    All the best,
    Jon.
  4. darkeye Member

United-Kingdom
    hi tony!
    er.... i forgot my camera! :( but quang had his!! :) so you should see some of the wonderful displays.
    Barke, i hear ya! the entrance fee is reasonable imo and i was going to hold off and go Sunday instead, not keen on NCP charges! last year i went both days but parked a walk away and saved on parking.
    there was a new Vendor there this year who had some of the Garage industry kits and apart from the usual Vampires ect, had some 1/4 scale busts! one of which was a Spartan that i liked and they were cheap, i mean £45 quid for a quater scale of Resin!! wow! he said his aim was to introduce large scale to the Military Model world but not have yer arm off!! there was a Crusader and another i cant remember.
    Pegaso had some nice releases, there were two complimenting figures to go with Francois Olinais- vey nice plus a Tavern scene to place the rogues in!
    i was saying to Blabsy that i buy the Garage kits now and havent painted the Pegaso i bought last year. I got a 1/6 resin figure for half the cost of a Pegaso 1/9! rumor was that unbelievably Andrea may be in trouble which astounds me!

all the best --- tim. :)
  5. quang Active Member

Belgium
    I didn't take too many pics of the figures because I know others did.

Tim: you look good on the pF group pic.

Jonathan: weren't you there for the 'second chance' group pic?

Pics are being 'processed'. Will post them asap.

Cheers,
    Quang

PS An interesting encounter at EURO 2008

[IMG]
  6. darkeye Member

United-Kingdom
    cheers Quang! it was lovely to chat about sculpting with you mate; if you want any more info on wax and tools ect then start a thread in 'Sculpting' :}

regards --- tim :)