1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Just found my old 6mm Napoleonics

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ACCOUNT_DELETED, Apr 5, 2014.

1. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I just found my old 6mm Heroics & Ros Napoleonics and ACW. I used to really go to town on these guys shading horses, painting piping and hussar braid, horse furniture, colours etc. I know this isn't a wargame site...just posting them for a lark...and for Colin S. I can't believe my eyes USED to be that good :-o the first shot shows size with a 28mm wargame figure in the rear.

image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Cilin
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Microscope scale.(y)
    crf likes this.
  3. Helm A Fixture

England
    Smallest I got was 15mm they're kicking around somewhere mainly Essex Miniatures as I recall. lovely job Colin
    Steve
    crf likes this.
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    They look great Colin. A well sculpted/painted figure is what it is regardless of whether it's for wargames or not, I mean there's people here who post pics of flat ones.... and some don't even have legs!!! :eek:

Roger.
    ChaosCossack, crf and Helm like this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Colin ,

Blimey have you forgot to post the pics then ...;)

.6mm ...can't see that now for sure ...happy memories for me as well ...yours look great ...

They say size isn't everything ..well your 6mm figures proves its ..lovely details as well

Thanks for stirring my memories

Nap
    crf likes this.
  6. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Painfully tiny Colin but well painted Mate.
    I think this gives you the trophies for the largest and smallest Napoleonic figure:D
    Nice to see them, well done.
    Keith
    ChaosCossack, crf and Helm like this.
  7. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Fantastic Cilin ;)
    Did you undercoat with black? Alex Mc (who convinced me to take a shot at these) and Greg Mc said that would be easier at this scale... blocking in the main colours and leaving the black visible in the recesses, then working out the details. I have about 200 of the little buggers to paint... SYW Prussians for the "Maurice" game system. I have regular Line Infantry, Grenadiers, Dragoons. Cuirassiers and Artillery.

When the package arrived, I opened the box and said "Holy F%#&!!!!!! What the hell have I gotten myself into???????" You have maybe given my the nudge I needed to dig into these little wee ones.

Colin
    crf and Wings5797 like this.
  8. swralph A Fixture

That's where insanity start's and then your eye's start to go and you think to yourself I wish I could be a little more insane:)
    ChaosCossack and crf like this.
  9. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Good k
    Good luck colin. I undercoated white. Black may have made things easier and more shortcutty but we both know that isn't my way :)

Colin
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  10. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    small or what...:wideyed:.. where's me binocular`s
    ChaosCossack likes this.