1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Just for fun...

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Henk, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Briggsy PlanetFigure Supporter

Very nice Henk, I do like to see a well made and paint aircraft, but couldn't be tempted to try one myself.

Cheers Simon
  2. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Oh, this one is neither very well made (plenty of seams that should really need to be filled and sanded) , and the paint is "approximate".. It's a quick build to have some fun, I've ordered a few figures, and will put it on a small base.
    Briggsy likes this.
  3. Briggsy PlanetFigure Supporter

Still a damned sight better than I could do.

Cheers Simon
    Henk likes this.
  4. NigelR A Fixture

The trick with a quick build is to focus on the fun and not let it turn in to a "serious" build. That happens far too often with me. Sometimes we forget to have fun and have a bit of a diversion from what we normally do.
    Nap, Henk and Briggsy like this.
  5. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    And down the rabbit hole we go....

IMG_20240219_145934_493~2.jpg
    Briggsy likes this.
  6. Briggsy PlanetFigure Supporter

They look really rather good, more detail.than I'd have expected in that scale. Will be good to see them painted.

Cheers Simon
    Henk likes this.
  7. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'm quite impressed with the detail, and how crisp it is. These are better than a lot of Tamiya 1/35 figures .
    Like CMK of yore that I remember, the casting was flawless, no bubbles or missing detail. No clean-up needed, other than removing the parts (tiny, individual hands... ) from the pour plug, and cleaning that up.

I'll just be using the two standing figures, as they fit better with what 91 Squadron was doing in April 1945.

IMG_20240219_184211_933~2.jpg IMG_20240219_184245_128~2.jpg IMG_20240219_184234_083~2.jpg IMG_20240219_184902_672~2.jpg IMG_20240219_184349_543~2.jpg
    razor and Briggsy like this.
  8. Briggsy PlanetFigure Supporter

Yeah they are impressive little figures, are they resin or soft plastic?

Cheers Simon
    Henk likes this.
  9. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Resin. I've noticed a few spots that are going to need some filler. Wait... did I just consider using filler on 1/72 figures??? :censored::ROFLMAO:
    Briggsy and Nap like this.
  10. NigelR A Fixture

Oh no. Almost every aircraft I build I have a plan to add some figures, and I always buy some to go with the aircraft. But so far I haven't done any! They really do set off the plane and these will make a nice addition.
    Henk likes this.
  11. marco14 PlanetFigure Supporter

Belgium
    it's gonna looks nice when they are done (y)

Mario
    Henk likes this.