1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Just for fun: Music

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by David Spencer, Nov 29, 2023.

1. David Spencer A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Red light in the rear view mirror when you play this?
    sd0324 likes this.
  2. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    "Love over Gold".... the whole CD "Dire Straits"............
    Steve headley, Nap and David Spencer like this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    With you on that in particular but any Dire Strait album

Seen Mark Knoffler live .....brilliant

Nap
  4. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Deep in the archives I find Spooky Tooth ,,,,,,.Spooky Two LP...... From way back in time.. Great music...if you can relate.

"Of course it's got no legs".......It's a record album........

Wayne:)
    David Spencer, Nap and housecarl like this.
  5. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

Stumbled on this while listening to an internet classical radio station.
    A cricket-based parody on the famous Flower Duet by Lakme
    David Spencer likes this.
  6. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Audience....."House on the hill"......The whole album......Don't get much better....

If you can relate.....
  7. Ray Stout Well-Known Member

The 60swas a great time to grow up in. I was in a group, {Drums} in 62 till 68, Played with John Mayall when Ginger was joy popping, then swapped them for a Harmonica. I still get the odd invitation to play at Blues Festivals but now I just dont have the stamina anymore. Does anyone remember Arlo Guthrie;s albums? 4c6e030c45dac636a4445f71a7f5cc55.png
    Wayneb, sd0324, Steve headley and 4 others like this.
  8. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    I remember Arlo Guthries music..... ?
    "Comin' into Los Angeles bringin' in a couple of Keys; don't touch my bags if you please Mr. Customs Man".
    Am I close enough?:)
    sd0324 likes this.
  9. Ray Stout Well-Known Member

Have you heard atahe Pause of Mr. Claus. and L.B. J.s campaign song? Ray.
    Wayneb and sd0324 like this.
  10. Ray Stout Well-Known Member

I saw him in New York in the summer of 69. I was on the first Camp America where English students were shipped to the USA to be Councilors on Summer Camps. I was at a camp in East Hampton Long Island and had 5 days off in 2 months, so we saw Arlo and then went to Woodstock, and met a school friend, Graham Nash!! Great days Ray.
    Wayneb and sd0324 like this.
  11. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    I know where you're comin' from brother.....74 yrs. young and still listen to and relate to my favorite music on vinyl from the old days. I give two shits about todays music .
    Everybodys talk'n about the good old days....Is that all we have left??????????
    Wayne
  12. David Spencer A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Getting a company car, with no cd player, forced me to listen to the radio and discover Jazz FM. There is still interesting music around if you search for it.
  13. Ray Stout Well-Known Member

In a Garda Da Vida by Iron Butterfly, required listening !! Ray.
    Steve headley likes this.
  14. Steve headley A Fixture

Too too ray in a Garda Da Vida a true classic what a great band Iron Butterfly were. Great album by the way.

Was over at Ian’s a couple of weeks ago he played me a song by John Prine Sam Stone a great anti war song if I ever heard one. Sine then I’ve borrowed a few albums off him he’s great . Never too old to get switched on to the old classics

Steve

TFB Miniatures Team
  15. Ray Stout Well-Known Member

Have you heard Its a Beaufiful Day? They only made one album which includes White Bird Ray. Another would be Music in a Dolls House, Family s first Album. I also have an album of Phill Oches full of anti Viet Nam War songs. Hows this for divercity, in April 65 in 3 weeks I saw Count Basie, Bob Dylan and The Dubliners!!! at the Free Trade Hall in Manchester. Also there in 69 Pink Floyd and Tomita. WOW!!! Ray
  16. Steve headley A Fixture

That’s some line up ray.

Steve

TFB Miniatures Team
  17. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Based on your music you got a few notches on me....."Journey to the center of the mind" Amboy Dukes......."Stargazer" Rainbow....It's all good.
  18. Steve headley A Fixture

Just had a day listening to some great music brought into the workshop by Ian while me and Terry were packing up the John Rosengrant. Pre orders. We were treated to Mountain, country joe and the Fish, Cactus, Captain Beefheart, wet willy and to finish Buffalo Springfield I have to say his collection of music is an experience lots of good old late 60s early 70s going on.

Ho and I forgot pendragon were thrown in their too a bit of prog rock

It’s was an interesting way to work. Don’t think any will come up on our pup quiz night but got them locked in the memory bank. Good job we have him on our team as back up

Steve

TFB Miniatures Team
    David Spencer and sd0324 like this.
  19. VerSacrum Active Member

Switzerland
    Some of my evergreens are The Cure, Depeche Mode, Joy Division, Type O Negative, Ozzy-Era Sabbath, Smashing Pumpkins, Catherine Wheel etc.
  20. David Spencer A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Towards the end of my most recent project, this album returned to the cd player and remains one of the best in my world:

Bleak, introspective, identifiable, and worrying in the same manner as "1984".
    The Big Man left the band afterwards.
    VerSacrum and Steve headley like this.