1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!
  2. Submissions for October Figure of the Month (FOTM) are now open. Visit the FOTM forum to enter a model or see entries and vote! FOTM October

Just for a change.......!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Normo, May 29, 2008.

1. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Gang
    Just finished this, for me a sortie into the dark side!

But a wonderful painting experience with no research, conversion work, hassle about colours and who can say its its the wrong uniform or colour?!

I changed the base the figure stands on as I had to fit it onto a base I had ready but apart from that no changes

A pure painting excerise with no fancy artwork and a very enjoyable one at that

Lots of thanks to Sean (goseany) for producing a fabulous little masterpiece and I know he has had problems but thanks to people like Sean we are able to enjoy this hobby of ours

Well done mate

Cheers

John

Attached Files:

2. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Ha hahahahahah this lil fella looks just great !!! I like the froggy green color and the total look !!!! looks quite a refreshement !!!
    Bravo
  3. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Wonderful work, really cool!!!
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    A real cool Samurai Orc. Well done John
  5. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys
    Thanks for the comments I know its been said before but it really was a pleasure and great fun to paint
    Costas, Cheers mate I think he looks like some relatives of mine! Does he remind you of anyone?
    Cheers
    John
  6. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Fun piece John!

Jay H.
    OKC
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Funny figure, but good painted.

Marc
  8. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    John,
    Great little figure.
    Cheers
    John
  9. phc35 Active Member

United-States
    I like it. I had bought Fire Industries Pumpkinhead,and now I see Fire Industries has ceased production.They did good work
  10. geaugan Member

United-States
    Norm: Nice figure but if you had taken the time to have checked the regs you would have known that the troopers of the IV Battallion of the III Cohort of the Banzai Warriors of Orc-land were noted for the vertical yellow stripe on their violet sash. Surely you must have known that these Orc's were recruited in the southern part of Mordor and therefore had a rather sallow cast to their green skin tone. You have obviously depicted them three values too high on the value scale. I also note that you depict this fellow with two swords of equal length when any student of the subject could have told you that this unit used one long (red sheath) and one short (black sheath)sword. Better luck next time. Otherwise a very nice figure and most laymen would not have picked up on these subtle nuances.
  11. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Larry
    Thanks for that! I didn't realise you were such an expert on Orcs but did you know that in the southern part of Mordor is a lesser known region called Saddone

Where the tone of the skin is a much deeper green than the well known region of Mordor and one of the outstanding features and habits was their dislike of wearing underwear! in case of injury!

And also that these particulat orcs were recuited as mercenaries by the warlord Hardon and were immediately sent to the front line as replacement for casualties of the 1V battalion

We learn something new everyday!LOL

Glad you like him

Cheers

John