1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Just A Question....

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by diamond cutter, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Helm A Fixture

England
    I was hoping the stripes came engraved on the figure :whistle:
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Pete,

If it's not too late to put in another suggestion; I'd like to see a large scale mounted Australian Lighthorseman at full gallop, bayonet drawn and charging the Turkish trenches at Beersheba. I know it's been suggested before on this thread, but not by me. I'm a bit miffed someone beat me to it:facepalm:

Go on Pete, you know you want to!

[IMG]
  3. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Hi Pete dont know if anyone has already suggested a Demi lancer,Landsnect,Scythian or maybe a camel with heavy armour from the Muslim conquest.

Cheers Davie
    diamond cutter likes this.
  4. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Pete
    Now here's a challenge ,maybe in 75mm
    IMG_7135.JPG
  5. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Ron, I agree with your last posting. This would make for a very stunning piece, but I would like to see it in 120mm or larger. Do you know what unit this portrait/picture was taken from? I really like the pose and uniform details, very colorful. Thanks, Regards, SG:)(y)
  6. Tarracus A Fixture

why not putting all the suggestions in a mixer and see what happens?

roman-war-chariot.jpg
    Helm, Wings5797 and diamond cutter like this.
  7. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    I liked the suggestion of a "blank" or bare horse earlier in 120 mm. Whatever you decide to do, consider offering the horse separate on it's own.

Gerald
    diamond cutter and Wings5797 like this.
  8. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi SG it is an illustration of a French Napoleonic General of the Carabiners by Pierre Conrad .

Ron
  9. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Pete, now that you started it and every one got so many fantastic choices,
    I think we are expecting a solid commitment for at least 10 figures by Christmass.
  10. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Morning Pete, plenty food for thought here.
    I suppose now's the time to get the business head on, can you produce 75mm mounteds that will give a sufficient return in terms of sales to
    justify level of investment?
    Cost is now more than ever a consideration even amongst the addicted buyers. That being said I think you're heading the right way with the WWI lancer in the pose you've chosen particularly during the coming year. A question worth considering is can it be made marketable to those who wouldn't normally buy WWI figures, for me I wouldn't buy a 'stand alone' but would be interested if there was a follow up partner figure/s of an Uhlan and an ALH leaping a trench as in Tonys posted image.
    What I would buy is a Demi Lancer as suggested by Davie Mitchell.
    Your head must be buzzing.
    Cheers
    Derek
  11. Helm A Fixture

England
    One I've always fancied myself is a Cataphract of some description
    Steve
    [IMG][IMG] [IMG] [IMG]
  12. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Some really great subjects there, impossible to do them all!
    Hopefully some other manufacturers will pick up on some of them ;)
    Thank you to everyone who took time to put forward their ideas although I don't think there will be a convict mounted on a zebra coming anytime soon!
    Funky50, Helm and Wings5797 like this.
  13. Don Well-Known Member

Dahm, I was so looking forward to the zebra mounted convict, so much to do with the colours.

On the serious side and I know its a bit late in the day but I always fancied a 120mm US cavalryman on patrol against the plains indians!

Should I get my paints ready?

Don