1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Just A Question....

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by diamond cutter, Jan 25, 2013.

1. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Not a big seller IMO. You probably need to do an SS Florian Geyer to make money (yes that was irony).

Colin
    Helm likes this.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    As long as it easily convertible in to a WW1 lancer.;)
    Carl.(y)
    Sturm Grenadier likes this.
  3. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I think there are a hell of a lot of great subjects put forward here, all worth doing at some point!
    I will admit that the WW1 Lancer is looking ahead at the moment! 75 mm.
    I will still go for a 200mm mounted one day !
    Wings5797 and Sturm Grenadier like this.
  4. taffjones Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I hear 120 is that way ahead :whistle:
  5. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Pete, Have to agree with you about the WW1 Lancer. The photo posted by Mike would get my vote. Regards, SG dhm1361.jpg
  6. Helm A Fixture

England
    You errrr do know the lances were used in Medieval times Pete right ? :whistle:
    diamond cutter likes this.
  7. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Which one Pete ! the officer or the trooper both look great.
    Ron
  8. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Just hope he doesn't do a 200mm in metal holding a 90mm to paint is heavy enough:eek:

Go for 75mm Pete and you may pick up trade from the collectors .

Ron
  9. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Regarding the problems of scale. This is my 150mm (1/12 scale) Australian Light Horse at Beersheba:

[IMG][IMG] Airfix 1 12 Australian Light Horse 2.jpg

It is based on an Airfix show-jumper (Princess Anne). The horse and figure are injection moulded and hollow. Even so, there is a steel rod in the left foreleg. Any larger scale horses would either need the same or have three hooves on the ground. If two hooves, it would take the weight of horse and rider better if opposing front and hind legs are supported (i.e. a walking or trotting pose).

Mike
    tonydawe, Grod and diamond cutter like this.
  10. Helm A Fixture

England
    Interesting conversion Mike, the mind boggles at the line of thought that went from Princess Ann to the Australian Light Horse though :confused:

Steve
    diamond cutter likes this.
  11. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I was going to sculpt the ww1 lancer trooper when I had Spearhead Miniatures as a 54mm but I think that 75mm 0r 120 would be best right now
    The horse in 200mm could be cast hollow with rods through the legs-Poly u resin is fantastic these days, more like plastic
    Great work on the PA figure Ron!
  12. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Could do both.:sneaky:
    Carl.(y)
  13. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Pete I think your right on the nail with a WW1 Lancer, with the 100year anniversary coming up next year it has to be a winner althought I personaly would love to see something in the late USA Cavalry style . This is a full scale statue by James Natham Muir .

[IMG]

Are you going to sculpt the horse yourself ? if so would you think of selling this as a seperate item . I ask because I want to start converting or scrtch building figures into ones like the picture that are not so popular and a good horse is hard to find .
    chippy
  14. Helm A Fixture

England
    Post Militaire back in the day cast stainless steel wire through the legs on their white metal horses so as Pete says it's do-able, stainless would probably be overkill in resin mind :LOL:

Steve
  15. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Steve I forgot to mention on my last post , the old Airfix Pincees Ann kit is ripe for many conversions , if ever I find one cheap enough on Ebay I would love to convert it into a AWI Dragoon but they always go for silly money .
    chippy
  16. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    If you do the lancer from the Cranston print, make sure you change his position and equipment a little so you don't get "Troiani'ed!"

Colin
    diamond cutter and housecarl like this.
  17. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I thought do the trooper but in the pose of the officer?
    Wings5797, Sturm Grenadier and crf like this.
  18. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    They're both lancer troopers, one in a helmet, the other in a service cap. Perhaps Pete could offer four different headgear: service cap, Brodie helmet, Wolseley helmet and slouch hat? A trotting horse would be unusual, or a standing horse grazing with the lancer either standing alongside or searching the horizon on picket duty?

I'm sure Pete will deliver the goods as usual.

Mike
  19. Helm A Fixture

England
    But on a Zebra too ?

Steve
  20. Tarracus A Fixture

I guess that's up to the painter. Endless costumizing options!!:ROFLMAO:
    My-little-pony-mystic-no-saddle-touched-up.jpg
    crf and Helm like this.