1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Julius Caesar, In The Gallic Wars (52 B.C.)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Elia Cid, Feb 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    You're better off pulling up a couch or an entire room. It will be a while.
    But thanks for the compliment
  2. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    I'll pull up my bed if that's OK with you ;) .

Oh and the refridgerator and the TV set too, I think :lol:
  3. johnbrewer New Member

The concept of a crappy piece by you Lou can n ot be conjured up in my mind. I ams till in love with your Napoleon in his robes.
  4. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Stop, you're making me blush.

Thank you for your kind words.
  5. Pete_H New Member

I never thought I'd see Lou actually stick up for me. Is hell freezing over? Is Jerry Garcia going on tour again? :)

Yes, it's great to see pictures of peoples' work. We can all learn a bit from them. But to blatantly "buy my book" when asked a simple question on painting goes against everything that online discussion forums are for - at least IMHO. Let's be honest: the picture posted here is nothing more than a cheap commercial for a book that hasn't even been released yet.

Come on, get real! I seriously doubt answering "dry-stroke paint over silver primer (I'm still trying to figure "that" one out)" won't hurt anybody's sales.

P.S - yes, I'll post pictures here soon and I hope to get true constructrive criticism (Lou, get ready ) simply because I'm a firm believer of "putting my money where my mouth is." How about it?
  6. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Pete,
    The combination of "dry-stroking silver paint" and "putting my money where my mouth is" leads me to believe that you are still across the street from the hotel in Atlanta. :(

Funny how you wrote what I was thinking.
  7. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    you know something after a while all this back biting gets alttle boring, ever thought the guy can't post due to copyright, nope cos that wold mean passing up a chance to sneer.

all of sudden clicking on new posts , what used to be what can I learn from this to I wonder what thier moaning about now. Starts to make this forum more like others and less the fun place it used to be.

The guy is a figure painter, brags a bit yes, paints figures yes, enjoys himself doing it yes, any different from anyone else here , not really.

Robin
  8. quang Active Member

Belgium
    I agree with you, Robin.

Q.:angry:
  9. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Actually Robin what gets boring is all of the free advertising going on here. It is one thing to share ideas, tips, techniques and post photos of your work to share how you did it with others.

It's another to post repetitive photos of your work (Haven't we seen the confederate before?)in threads that are about Painting, when there are gallery threads, simply to promote your book. Every time I click on a new thread it's another Mona Lisa.

As far as copyright is concerned, if that's the case then we shouldn't be seeing any of it at all.

You may be getting sick of the "moaning" but a few of us are getting sick of the "[insert figure name here]...painted by Alex Castro" Let's see some tips, techniques, ideas (sorry, we got one on painting wood). Wait, I know, I'll see them in "the book".

Personally I think Gordy and everyone involved in the running of this site deserve an advertising fee.

To all-sorry, I just can't keep quiet anymore.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.