1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

John Rosengrant takes best of show at SCAHMS!

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Panzer, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Panzer Active Member

United-States
    John Rosengrant takes best of show at SCAHMS!
    Congrats John! for his three figure display!
    Mrosko
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marc
  3. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    What a guy! He's the man!!!
  4. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
  5. ryall Active Member

New_Zealand
    The German in the snow pants and snow helment looks like a Rosengrant figure. Tell me it's in 120mm and is coming out soon by S&T...................please tell me this is correct.

Please tell me Mr Rosengrant hasn't done this German as a one off figure again, as he is my favorite sculptor.

Can someone post his three figures, I know one of them and I am guessing the german I mentioned but which is the other???

Oh and I have to say I love Jeff Shiu- SS German MG34 Gunner w/Greatcoat that's in the pics as well.................his and John's figure look like they would go together well

Ryally
    http://www.brisbanemodelbuilder.com/
  6. Jim Active Member

I saw John's display up close and personal at SCAHMS last weekend.

The German in the snow pants is 1/9-scale. The Marine is 120mm and the Confederate soldier is 54mm.

The Marine is available from New World Miniatures, I believe. I've got a feeling that the large-scale German and the Confederate are one-off sculptures.

Amazing sculpting and painting from a good guy.
  7. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    I'm pretty sure you are correct about the last two being one off's Jim since the Confederate was John auction contribution. I'm really gutted that is a one off.
  8. ryall Active Member

New_Zealand
    Nooooooooooooooo
    A 1/9 German by John Rosengrant thats even worse, it can't be a one off. Gone are the days of John doing them for Kirin or Warriors, I was not into figures when they first came out, it would be great to see it done by S&T or New World.

By the way, on the kind of the same topic does anyone ( hoping John reads this) know when Johns new 120mm german will be brought out by S&T????? Link below
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/110741/thread/1237753507/1-16 Panzer Commander

Thanks
    Ryally
    http://www.brisbanemodelbuilder.com...ntent&view=section&layout=blog&id=5&Itemid=53