1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

John Carter & Woola

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by balder, Jan 14, 2013.

1. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Hello planeteers. I'm almost finished my Arwen and Frodo project, so on to my next...John Carter and Woola from the Mars novels of Edgar Rice Burroughs.
    IMG_3218.JPG
    I'm using Warriors 120mm retarius gladiator to make John. I've already carved off all the left arm armour and done a little muscle resculpting. I carved off the straps. The right hand has been moved a little as well.
    IMG_3215.JPG
    Woola's armature is made up of wire, styrofoam balls, and bits of craft wood shapes. I'm going to sculpt over with epoxy putty. I haven't sculpted anything this big so this is going to be quite a challenge.

Gerald
    Augie likes this.
  2. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    I missed one picture. Here they are together..
    IMG_3214.JPG

Thanks for looking. Gerald
  3. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    That would be funny, keep me updated.....
  4. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    IMG_3222.JPG OK, here's my progress so far. I'm slowly bulking out the body with some epoxy putty I scored from a home improvement store for $4 a stick. It doesn't sculpt very well but it sets in about 20 minutes. I'm going to put a detail layer over with Kneadatite green stuff. I haven't used green stuff before but it seems nice to work with. The tusks/teeth and claws I shaped out of plastic cocktail forks.

Gerald
  5. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Woola, woola good
    Best
  6. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Just wanted to post a progress shot of Woola.
    IMG_3239.JPG

That 's all for now on this project, Gerald