1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Joachim Peiper Bust, Life Miniatures

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Tarracus, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well Gerard ,whether he is Blond or Brown and t the cap is not exact, the painting is first class
    well done , and very nice flesh tones ,not overdone (y)

Ron
    pmfs likes this.
  2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Thanks Mike for your advise, much appreciated.(y)
    Adding new side buttons is a easy task, but I guess the SS Peiper cap that we see in this work is the one without side buttons.
    Guys, did you see any button in this b&w pictures? I cant see, only see some marks of wear... and if by chance this cap had side buttons for cords, these would be more diverted, like the coloured photo.
    This cap is: M-37 Old Style Peaked Cap (crusher)
    "The crusher cap is of the same style as the peaked cap except for the following modifications. The visor is constructed of soft leather or of a field grey covered cardboard. the cap is worn without stiffener, cords or chinstrap. The crusher cap may be worn in garrison or the field by SS-Unterscharführers or above"
    Look at the differences between the visor cap gents!!!
    ...moreover the skull is removable.
    What you think about this theory?

Pedro

Attached Files:

3. Tarracus A Fixture

I agree, I don't know what is that thing you've marked but cannot be the side button
  4. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Dear Gerard, I like very much this kind of stuff of the german military. When I read or see something I´m making my opinion but to believe in what I saw/read I have to ask to myself, why this is like that?...I doubt everything that is presented to me and to make my conclusions about a certain subject or matter, I search, I enter a relentless quest to achieve my goal - in this particular case my certainty of the facts.
    The data were released in my last post, if you want, you can reach the obvious conclusion, read and think, use your power of observation of facts and your decision will appear.(y)
    Anything just ask my friend.

Pedro.
  5. Tarracus A Fixture

Hi Pedro, I think I've missed here..So what's your conclusion?
    I keep thinking that thing you've marked in in yellow can not be the button because it's too near to the visor..
    Would be placed here, more or less:
    ghx1fvj0.jpg

(maybe I'm looking the pictures in a wrong way)
  6. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    In your question / statement you have my answer based on your observation.;)
    Pedro