Jo Sonja magic mix

Discussion in 'Acrylics' started by mkdevries, Mar 28, 2019.

1. mkdevries New Member

I was wondering does anyone know what magic mix is made up of? Is it glaze medium and some retarder mixed together?
  2. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi there

BIG WELCOME to PF good to have you here

As regards this looking on the site it's says

This light sealer is similar to Clear Glaze Medium but contains an extender for a longer ‘open’ or blending time.

Magic Mix dries matte, lightly sealing each layer to prevent lifting with application of additional layers.

Magic Mix is recommended for various techniques and as a substitute for water. Applications include fl oated and side loaded color, color glazing and stipple blending.

An excellent medium to thin paint for linework and detail painting or when a smooth even coat is desired.

image.jpeg

Nap
    oldtrousers likes this.
  3. oldtrousers Well-Known Member

Nap, have you tried using Magic Mix with bottled paint such as Vallejo or Scale 75?

Scott
  4. mkdevries New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome. I guess I was just wondering if I could make my own Magic Mix by combining clear glaze medium and some retarder. See as how its easier for me to get those two. Also oldtrousers I have mixed Magic Mix with Warcolours paints which I believe are similar to Scale 75 and it works great.
    Nap likes this.
  5. Nap A Fixture

England

Hi Scott

Not personally I just use W & N blending medium

Nap
    oldtrousers likes this.
  6. oldtrousers Well-Known Member

Yes, I use that and their flow enhancer, too.

Scott
    Nap likes this.