1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

JMD Aviator, headsup

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Einion, May 27, 2009.

1. Einion Well-Known Member

For those doing the Aviator bust for the pFP3 group paint, or anyone who has one really, just wanted to highlight this part:

[IMG]

I've seen a few painted examples posted online without the projecting portion, where perhaps it just wasn't noticed; it was left off at least.

Since Guy did his review of the bust here, they've changed the presentation slightly (new resin and new mould too, with a plinth) but the packaging is still the same so this breakage could be reasonably common.

In case yours too broke off during transit check the bag carefully, it's just a tiny scrap of resin!

Einion
  2. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Thanks Einion,
    looks to be a strap used to help pull the helmet down over the ears....

will keep a lookout for it.

cheers
  3. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Einion. :) It is broken off on mine, but I'm going to be carving the whole hat off (with much trepidation since the sculpt is so nice). :D
  4. Einion Well-Known Member

Welcome. Wouldn't want anyone else not to spot it and only realise when they'd finished painting.

Eek, best of luck with that! I had been thinking of converting mine but I think I'll paint it pretty much straight because of what it's for.

Can always get another if I want to do one with a different face.

Einion
  5. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    That part is broken off of mine as well. I think the idea is that it is a broken strap. So it just means mine is a little shorter then other peoples. I just fixed the seam line on the back of the helmet. Which was not hard it is very light. The part that took a little finesse was putting some texture back in that area.
  6. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    The straps are what hold his radio receivers in his helmet by the way.
  7. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Too late