1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

JMD Aayane 1/10 bust WIP

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gothicgeek, Jul 18, 2009.

1. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    helmet and ear pieces

base VMC 148 Burnt Umber

i painted all the detail on the helmet and the inners of the ear pieces...

metal ear parts

rust Gw 61-12 Scorched Brown

metal Gw Chainmail 61-56

helmet

high 1 Gw Codex Grey 61-52

high 2 Gw Codex Grey 61-52 plus VMC 001 White

filter Vmc 169 Black mixed with Klear ( home made smoke ;) )

high 3 Gw Codex Grey 61-52 plus VMC 001 White

looks ok.... studs and stiching still to do and then goggles.....

the picture :)

[IMG]
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Mark from what I see I think you achieved a wonderful natural blonde look with her. Blonde hair tends to go too yellow too fast for some painters (IMO). I think you show restraint and skill here and for that I commend you!

As I look at her, I wonder if she could do with some darker shadows in the flesh tones. Particularly on the upper eye lids/brow area just above her eyes. You obviously see her much better in person than we do here with pictures provided, but for me at least, some subtle darker tones there (the crease just above her top eyelid) might give her more of the look that she has some make-up on. Not garish blue or green, but subtle darker flesh tones that would emphasize the shape of the eyes and maybe call a bit more attention to the great job you did on the eyes themselves. I really like the shape the sculptor achieved with the brow and the eyes and could see emphaiszing that a tad here. I may be "wack" here, but tell me what you think? Nice work BTW!

Jay H.
    Okc
  3. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jay and thanks for the input... going to try and not do anything that looks like make-up yet but still need to do the brows... hmmmm. there is a slight lack of definition in the creas above the eye so i will be tweaking it at some point :)

an update.........

been busy as hell and finally got to sit down today and finish the helmet, goggles and boom mike.

i used only the colours that i used for the helmet as i want them to look related by manufacture.

the image in the goggle reflection is just a tiny painter sillouette with layers of klear and some black over it, still needs a couple more to get it smooth, metal work is just graphite from a hb pencil

:)

[IMG]
  4. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Mark,

Anwsome blue eyes, and perfect blond hair.The leather are show!
    Regards from Portugal
    Pedro
  5. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Pedro! :)

update...........

finally back at this after my charity walk.... much pain ;)

i under coated the top with VMC 169 Black.

high1 GW 61-52 Codex Grey
    high2 VMC 001 White

shade GW 61-51 Chaos Black

i'm basically doing a set of highlights and then glazing the black over to soften the transition, then re-highlight and re-glaze in black and repeat and repeat.............. a long way to go yet, probably about 3 more hours should have it sorted :)

[IMG]
  6. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    still plugging away at this.... :)

the "rubber" effect is finished on the top, now working on the corset part and the big sholder strap, the pallette is only colours from the head piece to keep it all tied together ( i hope )

picture ( slightly too blue :( )

[IMG]
  7. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    your definetely moving in the right direction with this one mate.

Steve
  8. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mark, superb painting technique to achieve the look of rubber, it's yet another ' how to ' to file away in the memory bank.

Cheers Ken
  9. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Fantastic painting Mark and brilliant step by step photos.

Cheers David
  10. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Superb job Mark, thanks for the colourings.
    Cheers,
    Carl.
  11. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Steve, Ken, David and Carl .... thanks guys :D

added the black glazes to the corset and one to the shoulder belt, base coated the other strap and shoulder board ....

[IMG]
  12. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    well this is finally finished :)

i had put this to the back of my bench ( but still in reach ) and waited till i was sure i liked the overall look and made my mind up about the shoulder strap and the epaulette? ... i decided to make it look newer and of different material than everything else. i think it works but feel free to comment in the negative if you think it's pants :)

i can highly recomend this lovely little bust from JMD and it's pretty cheap for the level of detail and production, hmmmm that old guy with the welding mask is quite tempting LOL

pikkys .....

my usual 3 view and a cruely blown up detail shot ;)

[IMG]

[IMG]
  13. Kirtles Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice work Mark - great in progress shots & commentary. Hope to see this on my travels sometime.

Steve
  14. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mark, AMAZING painting. Many thanks for sharing.

Cheers Ken
  15. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Would love to see this one in the flesh mate, superb finish.

Steve