1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Jim Booth's passing

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by OldTaff, Jan 7, 2021.

1. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    For those older modellers among us, the sad news came yesterday that Jim Booth, a well- respected Historex modeller has passed on from complications due to C-19.
    He was a man of rare wit and charm, always there with words of advice and encouragement. Several of his pieces were pictured in the old Historex catalogues, and he was a frequent award winner in many competitions. Some of his tales of his time in the army had the taste of a "Carry On" film, but he would fix you with those baby blue eyes and swear it was true.
    I extend sincere condolencies to his dear family and many friends.. Until the next time, mate.

Alan
  2. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Alan

Always sad to here this kind of news

I certainly have know the name but never knew him , sure there's pics of his work in Historex catalogues

Thoughts go out to his family and friends

RIP Jim Booth

Nap
  3. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Sad news.....a wonderful character and a very fine modeller. Bon vieux temps mon ami Adieu

Mike
  4. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Smile often my friend.
    May your peace be deep, and I hope that you will be loved by by those that you love and hold dear.
    you.
    In Arduis Fidelis?
  5. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
  6. custer760 Well-Known Member

Sorry and very sad to hear this,I knew of Jim before and then met him at my first Euro Militaire in the early nineties...A great bloke,he will be sadly missed.A great Talent has passed from us.My condolences go to his family.
    R.I.P JIM
    Regards
    Pete
  7. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    He was "before my time" I think, but it's always sad to hear about one of our community passing on.

- Steve
  8. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    There was something about him in
    Military Modelling Magazine, December 1977
    Nap likes this.