1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Jesus, Harry, Bail Faster! I Can't Swim!

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by MattMcK., Apr 3, 2020.

1. MattMcK. PlanetFigure Supporter

Just finished! "Jesus, Harry, bail faster! I can't swim!" This an homage to two of my heroes, Bill Mauldin for his fantastic cartoons, and Shepherd Paine for all the model building inspiration. Ford GPA kit from Tamiya, figures modified from the kit and Masterbox with Hornet heads and hands. GPA instruments from Archer. Water was poured in many layers of Envirotex Lite resin. Thanks to all for the positive support as I worked through this one!
    IMG_3785.jpg IMG_3791.jpg IMG_3793.jpg IMG_3798.jpg IMG_3801.jpg IMG_0070.jpg IMG_0073.jpg IMG_0077.jpg
    T-34/85, gazer, blaster and 14 others like this.
  2. Henkm Well-Known Member

3. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Wow, great work and nice paintwork

Mobo
  4. Jeff T A Fixture

Australia
    Love it Matt!

Well done.

Cheer's,
    Jeff.
  5. Nap Moderator

England

Totally agree ..excellent modelling the whole dio looks great

Thanks for sharing the SBS as well

Thanks for sharing

Happy benchtime

Stay safe my friend

Nap
  6. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Beautiful work Matt, a truly original diorama. Every time I look at your photos, I spot a detail I hadn't seen before - this time it's the outlet for the bilge pump working overtime as the bow of the GPA slowly dips under the surface of the water.

Excellent diorama, thanks for the SBS & thanks for posting the finished model here. Much appreciated at the present time.

Stay safe,
    Chris.
  7. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    excellent work... (y)
  8. Zim PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Very well done.
  9. Kevin Gibbons Active Member

Love it ....class piece of modelling and made me laugh too......well done..Kevin
  10. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great job all round, water effects look great as does the model and figures, makes for a really nice scene.
    Steve