1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Jerseyfest Model Kit & Statue Fair

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by moonlightdrive21, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Hey guys:

My name is Dave and I am the producer of the “Jerseyfest Model Kit & Statue Fair” happening in August of 2012 in New Jersey. I wanted to officially announce the show to all of you and tell you about some of our plans for the event. You can also learn a lot about the show by going to our new web site at www.jerseyfestfair.com

Jerseyfest 2012 is being held at a terrific venue that is allowing us to have over 75 tables in the 6600 square foot main vendor room. We are having many top vendors who will have excellent figure model kits, statues, kit supplies and other art for sale and display that celebrate great movies, comic books, TV etc. If you're looking for a new airbrush or airbruish accessories, we have Iwata, Badger and H&S air brushes as vendors with great show specials. In addition, we have rooms for model painting demos throughout the day by renowned artists and sculptors, many of which are magazine writers. Some have done work for Sideshow, Bowen, Master Replicas, etc.

We also will be having a phenomenal exhibit of painted model kits, which will have many stunning, custom painted figures on display, and will include a contest with fabulous prizes. The show will be filled with eye candy for sale or display related to classic and modern horror, comic book characters, and characters from great science fiction and fantasy movies (e.g., Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Godzilla, etc.).

All of this for the $10 price of admission into the show.

On the day before the vendor show, we are having an all day educational event that will consist of professional painting seminars and a “hands on” painting class where students of all levels will be receiving and painting a beautiful, life-sized, resin “Curse of the Werewolf” bust. The instructors for the event are top artists in the figure kit hobby who are well known and have written for hobby magazines.

Jerseyfest has been building up for 6 years with people from all over the country and even internationally attending, and in 2012 we are coming out of the gate as big show with a lot to offer that will make the trip to New Jersey worthwile. We hope you will consider attending !

Thanks,
    Dave
    www.jerseyfestfair.com
    [IMG]
    Meehan34 likes this.
  2. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    All the best for the show, if only I was there
    Ben
  3. rusty nail Active Member

United-States
    I sure wish I could go man! All the best bro!
  4. Just updated our news page with some info on dealers at Jerseyfest including "Smooth On" and "The Compleat Sculptor", who will be selling molding, casting and building supplies. Smooth On will be doing general mold making and casting demos throughout the day using some fast setting products and giving tips on how to be successful with them. See more info here: http://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=57

Thanks!
    Dave
  5. Hey gang:

One of our vendors will have 5 tables full of hobby tools and supplies at the big show on August 4th. See more info and pictures here: http://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=57

Get ready to stock up cause' ya know we all love our gadgets !

[IMG]
  6. Check out one of our vendors, Starlighting Projects, who will have cool special effects lighting products at the show. More info here: News (Blog) » JerseyFestFair

[IMG]
  7. Three Kings Resin kits are awesome and they will be a vendor at Jerseyfest next week: http://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=57

Here is one of their beauties painted by the amazing Joe Dunway:
    [IMG]
  8. Hey guys:

The 2012 "Jerseyfest Model Kit & Statue Fair" is just a week away (Saturday, Aug. 4th, from 11:00AM to 8:00PM) and I hope to see some of you there! Over 75 vendor tables in a big, air conditioned facility with tons of model kits and collectibles for display and sale. Painting and sculpting demos and panel discussions all day by top artists are included with the $10 price of admission. Awesome exhibits and model contest! Raffles and free give aways too. The venue is in a great area of New Jersey central to New York and Pennsylvania. People from all over the country and even international visitors will be at the big show.

No matter what type of kits or scales you're into, there will be vendors there for you if you build and paint figure or vehicle kits or buy collectibles. Besides kits and statues, there will be plenty of hobby and art supplies, paints, airbrushes, accessories, hand tools, kit building materials, etc.

Check out our latest news here: http://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=57

Thanks for listening !
    Dave
    Jerseyfest Model Kit & Statue Fair, LLC
    http://www.jerseyfestfair.com
    [IMG]
  9. Hey guys:

Thanks to all of you who made positive comments about the show. The fact that the show exceeded expectations made all the hard work worth it. For example, I was very happy to hear that the vendors who flew in and shipped their items or took real long drives did so well with sales and were saying they would be back next year for sure. The amount of people that showed up and the amount of buying also exceeded our expectations. Wow! I'm so glad that many vendors did great. And I'm thrilled that attendees were smiling all day going back and forth to their cars with boxes of kits and collectibles. I received so much positive feedback from attendees, which again made it worth all the effort. One of the main reasons for the show's success was the high quality vendors, artists and products at the show - we had many of the very best. And as you can see from our 2013 poster, we are already tentatively getting more incredible vendors and artists for next year - much more to be added.

The production of Jerseyfest 2012 was absolutely a team effort. We received lots of help from people that were driven by their desire to help produce a great show for the hobby and broke their ass for us. I won't be listing all the names because I don't want to accidentally leave anyone out and I'm not trying to make an academy award speech. :)

But, it was still a first year show and so there is room for improvement and growth. Next year will be bigger and better. We contracted for about 14,000 sq feet of space for a 3 day long show at a Crowne Plaza hotel that's near the airport. Also, I have a new partner for Jerseyfest who is the biggest seller of Sideshow Collectibles products in the USA. He is a successful and sharp businessman who loves kits and statues and is now on a mission to make Jerseyfest a huge and spectacular show. I'm telling you guys, with this guy in with us, get ready for really great results.

To all members of this forum, we hope you will try and make it to next year's show as an attendee or vendor. We are trying to do something special on the East Coast for the hobby and for you. We would love for all of you to be a part of it.

Sincerely,
    Dave T.
    Jerseyfest Model Kit & Statue Fair, LLC
    [IMG]
  10. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Hi, Dave! I'm glad to hear the show went well, and glad to see you're upbeat, because I know how much work running a show is. I'm looking forward to being there next year, I know I can make it in September.

See you at the next meeting!
    Brad
  11. Thanks Brad !

Tony Woot added many more pictures and show coverage to his site (15 pages !!). Thank you Tony!! See it all starting here: http://www.scififantmodmadrealm.com/JerseyFestFair2012-1.html

Many other hobbyists have posted pictures throughout the Internet. So, we will be providing links to all these sites on the Jerseyfest web site soon.

Thanks for looking and thanks again Tony ! And in case you did not see it, here is Steve Parke's video from the class:

Dave