1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Jeffshui Latest Release Imperial German w/ MP 18/1

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by TIGER11, Mar 2, 2016.

1. TIGER11 Active Member

United-States
    JS1.png Greetings fellow Planet Figure members. Jeff has asked me to post his latest figure to be released; since Brock is on vacation.
    Coming soon.
    Please contact Jeff direct for your orders. He expedites orders very fast. http://jeffshiu.lsft.com/main.html

View attachment 234103 JS_Logo.jpg JS.png

latest figure news! the item title is : JS120049 Imperial German w/ MP 18/1
    JackG, Huw63, yeo_64 and 9 others like this.
  2. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  3. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Interesting subject - can see some good metal effects being done in that armour.
    Cheers
    Mat
  4. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    He looks very bad-ass. A must-have for me.

- Steve
    captnenglish likes this.
  5. Von Bock Well-Known Member

United-States
    guys sorry I haven't ben getting Jeff's figures announced like I use too. I suffered a serious stroke in Nov and am not back to full elf yet I'm getting there but it is slow going lots of rehab. Again sorry to you guys and Jeff. Regards, Brock
  6. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Brock, I don't think you need to apologize. Hope you get to 100% soon!

Joe
  7. newtonk Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Yeah, what Joe said, praying you're 100% soon.

Would that body armor have been camo'ed at all?

Thanks Jeff, great looking figure; if not my time period.

Kylie
  8. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Tthe sculpting is great and it is a nice figure. The combination between the body armour together with the MP and the "Stielhandgranaten" is a little controvers. Using MP and the handgranates would make him better as a "Stormtrooper", the body armour looks for someone in the trenches on guard. But I think we have discussed it before. The weight of the Grabenpanzer M1917 could be until 15 kg and in normal cases it was worn from Sharpshooter and Soldiers on Guard

I have seen no example of the Grabenpanzer with camo
    Fokionas likes this.
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great subject.

Marc
  10. Rompy Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Awesome subject :)

I just placed an order with Jeff and he will be getting it out tomorrow.

In addition I requested for some pics from the rear :) So here they are. Jeff will be updating his website soon with all the pics.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Mat Lambert and Babelfish like this.
  11. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well maybe, but really ...... Who cares?!

All that gear is contemporaneous for the period, and soldiers have been improvising and combining bits of kit since the dawn of time. Which in my book makes it perfectly feasible.

I'll be getting one, and I'm going to enjoy painting it as a counterpart to this badger who I'm working on at the moment:

cit min.jpg

It also knocks the those old Verlinden "German Trench Raiders" in the same scale into a cocked hat. A great release from Jeff!

- Steve
    Mat Lambert and Rompy like this.
  12. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  13. Rompy Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Nice tommy babelfish !

I would like to do a pair too :)
  14. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    You are right, Steve. No one cares. Same as discussions about vikings with "horns" or something else at the helmet ;)

About your museum: Would like to know where they found their information. Not from Germany I fear. I have seen hundreds of original "Sturmtruppenfotos" but have never seen one with the "Panzer". But as you said "no one cares".
    And for sure it is more important to have fun to paint it. :D
  15. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I said "Who cares?" Not "no one cares". There's a difference. Clearly you care or you wouldn't have mentioned it! ;)

No idea where the museum got the information from, but coming from a German source does not necessarily make something inherently right, any more than it coming from another source necessarily makes it wrong by default. Nor does the absence of photographs necessarily mean that something never happened. For example, I've seen a good few photos of British Paras in WWII but I've never seen a photo of one carrying an MP40. But I have read in more than one source that some used them when they could get hold of them because they preferred them to the sten.

As ever, the bottom line is ya like it, ya buy it. Otherwise just give it a swerve!

- Steve
    housecarl likes this.
  16. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    He's actually a U.S. "doughboy".

From what I read, the U.S. Army began experimenting with body armour in 1918, and some of it found its way to the front lines in limited quantities very late on. Besides the British-style "pisspot" helmet, that kit also comes with an unusual "experimental helmet No. 5" which is a lot deeper and gives the figure a much different (and IMHO much more interesting) look. That's the one I'm using.

- Steve
    Rompy likes this.
  17. TIGER11 Active Member

United-States
    This figure is actually growing on me more and more. Not my era, however I will be adding to my stash. I think this will be a great seller for Jeff. I have been supporting Jeff from the beginning. I remember his debut on eBay about 5 or 6 years ago. His first figure ( now out of production ) sold for over $200.00 us. I have almost every 120mm figure he has. One of my favorite sculptors.

......also; Brock god speed in your recovery.
  18. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Glad you're on the mend Bock.(y)
  19. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    +1 to that. All the best Bock.

- Steve
  20. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Brock - Take care and very best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery!

As always, top notch sculpting! I hope Jeff continues to do some WW1 figures from time to time.

I agree with Ulrich - this and all the other body armor produced by both Central Powers and Entente countries probably weighed too much to be practical for infiltrating troops. Probably more application for sentries posted in exposed positions and snipers firing from unprotected or poorly protected cover. Nonetheless, feel free to "suspend disbelief" and just enjoy!

Attached are a couple photos for color references for the painters. Neither photo shows reproduction equipment. If you go looking for more examples on the web, there are plenty but be wary of reproductions.

All the best,
    Dan

Attached Files:

napoleonpeart likes this.