1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Jeffshiu's Miniatures 75mm 'Chess'1915

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by pinkfloyd, Nov 6, 2017.

1. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A lovely wee interesting piece beautifully done and a it will catch the eye where ever it goes, and it has made me smile lol.
    TERRY
  2. SUPER ANTO Well-Known Member

Spain
    Really a very very nice piece. Well done, scultp and paint
    ......:):):):)
  3. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Great work! Love the piece.
  4. HansDig A Fixture

Netherlands
    I'm working on this set myself at the moment although I doubt my figures will be so perfectly painted as this one. I'm taking this as an example for me to learn from. My little vignette will be 'chess' as shapeways offers a 1/24 scale 3D printed chess set for only a few dollars. Furthermore I used real wood on the bench and will ad two 1/24 scale tankards (with beer !! ) since "chess makes thirsty" If my work is good enough (to my standards) I might post some pictures.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Martin64, Nap, KenBoyle and 1 other person like this.
  5. John strachan Well-Known Member

Beautiful work!
  6. HansDig A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks. I had one figure painted but, after seeing this post it's taking swimming lessons in the paint-remover bath.....
    Viking Bob likes this.
  7. HansDig A Fixture

Netherlands
  8. Noel Walker Active Member

WOW that's really nice
  9. Gooner Mike Active Member

Excellent piece going to get this gfe
  10. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  11. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    really realy great painting and scenary.
    I have this vignette and it's an amazing one.
    I also ask Jeff (from Jeff Shiu) to provide us more 75mm and 120mm WWI figures and vignettes.
    Perhaps some surprises in 2019 !:love:
  12. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
  13. Oda A Fixture

Very,very good painting!

Oda.
  14. Cannonball A Fixture

Very nice. I never get tired of seeing this scene by Jeff, one of my favourites.
  15. HansDig A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hi Noel, Mike, Adorta, Zasrro, Bob, Oda and Cannonball. I can only hope all these compliments are for my little fellow though reality tells me the topicstarter's work is far more better then mine.
    When my vignette is finished I'll post it in the "finished figures" because this is confusing LOL
  16. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Anybody else remember Phoenix Model Developments 1/32nd scale chess set from the seventies ? ... a miniature masterpiece
    if ever there was !
  17. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yes I have the Phoenix Chess Players, lovely little kit and as soon as I seen the picture of the small chess pieces posted here it reminded me of the fiddly task of working with them, I never completed the Phoenix kit but came across it several weeks back when I opened a box that had been packed away for 20 odd years.
    TERRY