1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Jean Lannes 1800 -

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ivopreda, Feb 3, 2014.

1. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    waiting to finish the groundwork of the Italian hussar I start another project ...

Jean Lannes in 1800 just a few days after the battle of Marengo , taken from the " revu du Quintidi " in the Republican uniform

[CENTER ]
    [IMG][/CENTER]

documents Rigo to see more details

[IMG]
    [/ CENTER]

the horse was obtained using parts form the production of Eisembach , suitably welded, cut and pinned . The head is an old Phoenix reprinted in resin

[IMG]

[IMG] [IMG]

to follow ...
    smudger1960, brian, Tecumsea and 12 others like this.
  2. Krest063 Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Very good conversion horses!
  3. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Can't do better than Lannes for a dynamic subject. Enjoy the gold lace on this one Ivo!

Colin
  4. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Your usual great choice of cavalry Ivo and your unique approach of attack with Metal models 'who dares wins ":)

look forward to the updates .

Ron
  5. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Ivo,
    Very nice start.
    Cheers
    John
  6. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Looking forward to this new project.
    How do you like the Eisenbach horses? Was it a complete kit or did you use quarters to build this horse in the pose you wanted? I've thought of making an order from them but wasn't sure what they are like.

Following closely

Colin
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    That is a great challenge. Sculpting all that brodery.
    Looking forward to the next one.

Marc
  8. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Beautiful perojekt(y) . It will be a very demanding job. Large sculptural challenge. Good luck and I will closely follow this thread. I look forward to your work:) . Cheers borek
  9. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy

Hi Colin

Eisembach horses work very well, they have a wide range of positions and I find them very useful. I did many horses using that pieces.
    Quality are absolutely acceptable, not a Metal Modeles level, but good; Size are compatible with Metal Modeles or historex pieces.
    only a simple suggestion... don't buy the heavy range... I don't like them

I uploaded some pictures on my album http://www.planetfigure.com/useralbums/napoleonic-figures.478/view where I used the Eisembach horses
  10. swralph A Fixture

11. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Thanx for the link and the opinions on these products. If those are the results with Eisenbach horses, I'm sold! I like the animation of the poses... MM horses look good but I find them very static. I like to see horses in movement... running, jumping, rearing etc.

Anyway, as usual, I look forward to following the progress of your work.

Thanx again

Colin
  12. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    continue ...

a small step forward, a Historex saddle was placed on the horse, legs Metal Modeles, sculpted bust
    dress tails are treated in in whiteA & B sheet and then folded according to the typical model of the marshals

[IMG] [IMG]
  13. fabrizio1969 A Fixture

Italy
    very nice start!
  14. Braemp Active Member

Promising start and good choice of subject. Will follow closely.

Regards Lars.
  15. John Ballard Well-Known Member

Very interesting figure and a great start. I'm sure it's just tacked on for the moment but the scabbard is reversed on your photo.
    John
  16. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy

hi John,

the scabbard is reversed because at the beginning has to be oriental style... it will change
  17. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great to see the master himself at work.

Marc
  18. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    I used the grout to trim the tails and the body, I have completed the bust and started to close the neck. the plate will then lead to the BALDRICS,

[IMG] [/ CENTER]

the lapel of the habit was reported in pastry putty
    [IMG] [/ CENTER]

waistband, belt hanger sword, pockets and collar added

[IMG] [IMG]
    Huw63, Tonton, ChaosCossack and 3 others like this.
  19. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    great, I like this SBS.

Marc
  20. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Another great project developing Ivo. Your SBS's are very interesting and educational... very helpful for us beginners. Thanks for that.

Following closely and taking notes :sneaky:

Colin