1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Japanese Woman.

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by takamatsu, Jan 26, 2013.

1. takamatsu Member

Hi, all.
    I'm newbie here, introduce myself with some photos in this thread. (http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/hi-all.54022/)
    Well, this is my last sculpt it might be somewhat out of topics.... I saw fashion catalogue and choose criterion it has good drape and wrinkle. I love sculpt them!!
    Material is polymer clay sold one coin shop, it is alike "FIMOsoft" I think.
    Height is 86mm, 1/20th scale.

I'm welcome to all comment and very welcome to critics as well. Fair critics makes me growing up I believe.
    Thanks for viewing and decording my Eng"r"ish!! ;-)

Best regards.

Takashi
    "All your comment are belong to us!!"
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    gforceman, Lancer, Mike S. and 17 others like this.
  2. Oldironsides Guest

United-Kingdom
    Hi Takashi
    Thank you for posting these photos. I particularly like your modelling and sculpting on the folds of her coat and the fur lining of the hood. First Class!
  3. takamatsu Member

Thanks!!

Sculpting fur is one of difficult problem in this work.
    Takashi
  4. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    I am impressed with your very detailed work. It looks fine and delicate. (y)

Joe
  5. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Brilliant piece again.
    Carl.(y)
  6. Martin Rohmann A Fixture

Germany
    WOW! Will it be commercial...?

Cheers
  7. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    EXCELLENT! Beautiful drapery!

All the best,
    Dan
  8. Helm A Fixture

England
    I like the casual lifelike stance a lot

Steve
  9. gdt Active Member

Belgium
    This girl is so serious.
    I love this sculpture, attitude research in the folds of tissue
    The only thing I do not like it is printing a draft in its folds. They give me a feeling of lack of finish, mainly in the mantle

Gérard
  10. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Great texures and you have a great sense of humour. :)

Colin
  11. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    I think it's great work, delicately detailed, well proportioned and a unique subject.

Impressive.

Alex
  12. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Very atmospheric looking sculpt, I can see her painted up and in a small rain drenched setting, it would be perfect
    Ben
  13. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    I want one. This is great and unusual.
  14. Revliss Active Member

United-States
    i really like the cloth texture :D by the way is the " one coin shop" Diaso ? what else clay , tools do you use ?
  15. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    There is no such thing as 'off topic' with quality as good as this. Much respect for your skill.

Regards

Ron
  16. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Takashi,
    Another wonderful example of your skill and art of drapery. Is this a one off? or will your work be reproduced??? Do you have any painted examples of your work to post??
    cheers
    Richie
  17. takamatsu Member

Thanks for many comment, all!!
    ...but my speech area is just before explosion. ;-)

Thanks for kind and warm words, Joe, Carl, Dan, Steve, Alex, Meehan34 and Ron.
    Thanks, Martin, Richie.
    This is one off sculpt, will not to be commercial. I have not been commercial sculpt but duplicated silicone mold and resin casting.
    Conversely, excluding duplicate I'm able to sculpt delicate detail maybe.

Thanks for your feedback, Géard!! I guess you mean seam line of overcoat back and side? It is one of problem for me now.
    I sculpted by seeing a photo, but the back was not came out in the photo. Making equal to detail density of front side and the back side is my present problem I recognize.
    [IMG]

Thanks, Colin.
    I'm always serious except for kidding!! ;-)

Thanks, Ben. It sound great idea, should be a dramatic scene.

Hi, Revliss.
    Wow, do you know Daiso? I use "Oven clay" sold Daiso in past. But sadly it is out of stock in long time. :- Tool is cut wooden toothpick, needle and metal earpick. I will take a photo those and will post it here. :)
    [IMG]
    Thanks agein for many comments, all.

Takashi
  18. Revliss Active Member

United-States
    yap i know Diaso, there 2 Diaso are store in the city where i live i think i seen some of that clay left in the Diaso here ,
    [IMG]
    is that mori mori , i see there ? by the way i know metal earpick can be use for sculpting but that one of the tools that i don't use .. fear of using the wrong metal earpick for my ear :D
    GARRY, Daniel.M and Meehan34 like this.
  19. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    nice sculpt, and really something different.

marc
  20. takamatsu Member

Hi, Revliss.
    Yep, yellow putty is "MoriMori" right!! Wa-haha! I use metal earpick to sculpt but bamboo for my ear.

Well , here are tools I'm using sculpt. Dental scaler and dotting pen sold for nail art are rare to use recently. Chopped Tamiya paint stirrers and metal earpick use rough sculpt. Mainly I am using is various rounded wooden toothpick. Stitching by needle, design knife uses for multiple include stick or cut fingertip! ;-)
    [IMG]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/taka4ma2/tools.jpg

Thank, marc!!
    It's rare to see modern woman subject in Japan, so I sculpt myself.

Takashi